• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Metal detecting finds

Anybody magnet-fish ? I gots me a good strong magnet, heavy line or paracord and go for it !
Bridges over the river or lakes are the best...dock sites....marinas are a gold mine..lol. :fish2:
My daughter got me a magnet fishing kit for Christmas. magnet, cord and gloves. We threw it out in our pond but didn't find anything. I know one thing, if you stick it to something steel like a table or something you better be prepared to fight like heck to get it loose.

My daughter got me a magnet fishing kit for Christmas. magnet, cord and gloves. We threw it out in our pond but didn't find anything. I know one thing, if you stick it to something steel like a table or something you better be prepared to fight like heck to get it loose.

I caught a picnic table and it almost kicked my as%%%%!!!! I got it up and it was my table so all is good!!!!

I need to add this. If you're going to make it part of an offshore trip be sure your boat & life insurance are both current. The Sebastian Inlet is one of the most dangerous in the world. If you have a 16 ft boat Do Not try your luck. You just can't imagine in your worst dreams the water action that's possible in the inlet. Once you commit to it do not change your mind, you will sink. Life jackets ON, hand on throttle, eyes straight ahead while you're looking down at the bottom rocks while you're riding a 12 ft wave in a tornado. No exaggerating. The inlet is horrifying. But I've seen it smooth too. You never know.

That's what I'm saying about hands on throttle. You're constantly revving & slowing to work with the waves. Thankfully I made a trip just like that in a 16 ft Panga style open boat. Got a little spray but kept going into the Atlantic.

Back
Top Bottom