• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Metal Detectors now at Atlanta Braves Turner Field

therubberduckie

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
13   0
Reaction score
I went up to the home opener last night. After trying to find parking for over an hour and having to park a mile from the park, I was certain I would be carrying concealed. After our little hike I was shocked to see that they have installed metal detectors now at the gates to Turner field. Luckily I spotted an gap where they were letting people in without scanning and made it in fine.

I'm not sure my plan for next time I visit the stadium. Normally I would avoid areas that have this level of false security, but come on... it's THE BRAVES!

Anyone else make it to the home opener last night? Any trouble with CCW?

I have made the walk many times from up to a mile or so South of the Stadium, with my wife. Have encountered some entertaining characters in the past but never felt threatened around there. I have even wore my Cardinals cap. Took a lot of ribbing for that but that's ok. My wife wears her Braves clothing of course.

i always come in from the side gate along the 3rd base line. gave me hell about having my work keys with me one time but had no idea i had a carry, back up, and knife. lol i laughed once we got in. saw jeff foxworthy when i was there that time.....

i wont have that problem, as i'll never go see another braves game, even to pull for the other team.

pay for your own stadium , tired of subsidizing billion dollar corporations. goes for the falcons too. rant over.

Anyone else have issues getting into Turner Field with a ccw? I am going to the game tomorrow and want too make sure I can get in without being told to take a hike. I'll be carrying my glock 19 in an alien gear holster.

Back
Top Bottom