• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Metal Detectors now at Atlanta Braves Turner Field

I went up to the home opener last night. After trying to find parking for over an hour and having to park a mile from the park, I was certain I would be carrying concealed. After our little hike I was shocked to see that they have installed metal detectors now at the gates to Turner field. Luckily I spotted an gap where they were letting people in without scanning and made it in fine.

I'm not sure my plan for next time I visit the stadium. Normally I would avoid areas that have this level of false security, but come on... it's THE BRAVES!

Anyone else make it to the home opener last night? Any trouble with CCW?
I was there Tuesday night for the home opener. I saw the metal detectors, but they did not seem to be operational. I had metal on me, not ccw, but nothing happened. There didn't seem to be active lights on the detectors either. Not sure what that was all about.

I went last night and was not carrying. Felt naked, but that's another story.

Was wearing steel-toe boots. It seems kinda like chaos as the ticket taker station. I handed guy my ticket and walked around the metal detector. I could have carried but hindsight is always 20-20.

If you watch how they check people I'm sure you could find the station like I went through last night.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I went last night and was not carrying. Felt naked, but that's another story.

Was wearing steel-toe boots. It seems kinda like chaos as the ticket taker station. I handed guy my ticket and walked around the metal detector. I could have carried but hindsight is always 20-20.

If you watch how they check people I'm sure you could find the station like I went through last night.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I decided not to carry on Saturday night as well and got in exactly how you did walking around the metal detector.

I have never had an issue with cc there. I place my cell phone where my super tuck is and they assume its the phone causing the beep and wave me through.

saw on the news tonight they're changing their policy. now off duty cops and security can't be armed either. another gun free zone. yeah

Looks like it is actually an MLB thing. MLB is requiring metal detectors in all stadiums by 2014. Looks like Turner Field is an early adopter.

Anybody know if they have changed how they are looking in bags? Are they running the bags through the medal detectors? Looks like I may have to start hiding it down in the cooler or snack bag if they are still only taking a quick peek.

Depends on the gate, I think. The Dome is the same way. One place that I can tell you not to carry is the World of Coke. They won't even allow a tiny leatherman in there. I had to walk back to the car to leave my pistol once I saw the metal detectors. There is only one entrance. They wanded me down and made me pick up my Benchmade blade and leatherman squirt at a claims desk when I left. They keep that secret formula pretty secure, apparently. :wacko:

ANOTHER excuse for me NOT to pay outrageous ticket prices, buy 10.00 hot dogs and beer..Thanks MLB for helping me save money to enjoy outdoor recreation that I will support...hunting, fishing etc.

Back
Top Bottom