• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Mon. Rant No. 1 - inspection of real "collectors items"

Years ago I had a 'buyer' ask to meet in Macon on the other side of town. No problemo. I was celling a mixmaster Rockola M1 carbine with a refinished stock (stated in the ad, priced at $550 IIRC). The buyer insisted on taking the whole thing down even though I posted it as a mixmaster. I guess he was hoping I was some sort of mouth breathing moron sailing a "correct" Rock-ol-a ($1,600 at that time) for $550. Decided not to buy since it was actually a mixmaster. I wish I could have negged his ass.

If someone wants a gun I'm selling field stripped, I'll do it for them to inspect. If anyone's going to mess something up, it's going to be me !

It would be an unusual situation, and by prior agreement, to take down further.

So how much of an inspection can you do if you meet after work (which means after dark) at the parking lot of some local business? I mean if it’s a true collectors item and you need to inspect the condition of it, you probably need to go ahead and bring an old shop towel to lay across the table at the Waffle House and sip hot coffee while you inspect all the parts in good lighting.

Sounds like a plan.

Back
Top Bottom