• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

More Corporate "Blah Blah Blah"!!

inkdaddy

Coast Guard Icon Supporter
Graduate, ODT class of 2010!!
165   0
Reaction score
Well...was in Newnan this past weekend visiting my son and his family. On Sunday I decided to take my two granddaughters to the movies. They told me a new "Regal" movie theater had recently opened.....so off we went. As I came up to the window to pay I saw a very big sign saying "No Firearms" including Concealed Carry Weapons along with the handgun and the red circle. The sign was very similar to that used at Brandsmart. Well I was already there and even though I was "printing" real bad under my tee shirt...I figured, What the helll!! I paid for out tickets...no issue. I gave our tickets to a young man to get inside....no issue. Stood in line for coke and popcorn.......OMG!! 28.30!!....no issue....other than feeling like I had been ripped off and didn't know it yet...lol...watched the movie and left....no issue!!....When I got home Sunday night I found the Corporate Office information and sent them an email telling them that I, a customer was personally offended by their sign and their wanting to prevent me from protecting my two grandchildren in my care while in their facility. Here is their response:

April 17, 2012

Dear Mr. Dudley:

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns regarding our facility security policies. Please understand that Regal Entertainment Group, with the assistance of safety experts and law enforcement personnel, has developed policies and procedures designed to provide the safest environment for our guests and employees. Rest assured these policies and procedures are not designed with the intent to inconvenience or otherwise cause hardship to our guests. However, we believe these policies appropriate to assure the general safety of all guests and employees.

Please note all law enforcement officers, whether on or off duty, are exempt from our gun prohibition policy in the theatre, as long as they identify themselves as such either by display of a badge or other identification upon request.

Again, thank you for taking the time to advise us of your concerns.

Sincerely,
Customer Relations Department
Operational Services
Regal Entertainment Group
Jamie.Miller@regalcinemas.com

Oh....I get it completely....and if I was asked to leave, I would have...but sometimes you just have to tell someone how you feel with the hope that maybe, just maybe....someone would wake up and enter the "real world".....I was not expecting anything other than what I got....but I felt better in telling them how I felt!!

Please understand that Regal Entertainment Group, with the assistance of safety experts and law enforcement personnel, has developed policies and procedures designed to provide the safest environment for our guests and employees. However, we believe these policies appropriate to assure the general safety of all guests and employees.

Please note all law enforcement officers, whether on or off duty, are exempt from our gun prohibition policy in the theatre, as long as they identify themselves as such either by display of a badge or other identification upon request.

Sincerely,
Operational Services

Perceptions and reality often stray far apart. Corporate America is often entrenched in gun restrictions in the mindset that it reduces risk. If everyone, including the criminals read the policy and abided by it then in this perfect concept of adherence safety would be secured.

We and any open minded average intelligent person realize this is a fantasy. We will not change their minds as they are set on this concept. However, pointing out the bluntly obvious and offer a compromise, perhaps the tide will shift as has the past decade and hopefully will continue. The one I like is a sign stating "no unlawfully carried weapons" or no "open carry of weapons". The former at least levels the playing ground of good and evil, the latter gives a tactical advantage to the honest.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to make a point to a pointless argument with Corporate America.

Doc....you are so right...I worked in the "Corporate America" world for over 25 years......it's getting worse all the time....I was having such a great time with my granddaughters and to walk up on this....it just felt wrong not to say something to someone.......

You done good Ink. But how dare you not be a sheep and just keep your mouth shut :D

Well...was in Newnan this past weekend visiting my son and his family. On Sunday I decided to take my two granddaughters to the movies. They told me a new "Regal" movie theater had recently opened.....so off we went. As I came up to the window to pay I saw a very big sign saying "No Firearms" including Concealed Carry Weapons along with the handgun and the red circle. The sign was very similar to that used at Brandsmart. Well I was already there and even though I was "printing" real bad under my tee shirt...I figured, What the helll!! I paid for out tickets...no issue. I gave our tickets to a young man to get inside....no issue. Stood in line for coke and popcorn.......OMG!! 28.30!!....no issue....other than feeling like I had been ripped off and didn't know it yet...lol...watched the movie and left....no issue!!....When I got home Sunday night I found the Corporate Office information and sent them an email telling them that I, a customer was personally offended by their sign and their wanting to prevent me from protecting my two grandchildren in my care while in their facility. Here is their response:

April 17, 2012

Dear Mr. Dudley:

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns regarding our facility security policies. Please understand that Regal Entertainment Group, with the assistance of safety experts and law enforcement personnel, has developed policies and procedures designed to provide the safest environment for our guests and employees. Rest assured these policies and procedures are not designed with the intent to inconvenience or otherwise cause hardship to our guests. However, we believe these policies appropriate to assure the general safety of all guests and employees.

Sincerely,
Operational Services

Back
Top Bottom