• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

More Corporate "Blah Blah Blah"!!

If you ever attend a movie on a Friday or Saturday night you will understand why they have that policy. You'll also understand why they have cops all over the place. Malls and movies are weird places these days.

If you ever attend a movie on a Friday or Saturday night you will understand why they have that policy. You'll also understand why they have cops all over the place. Malls and movies are weird places these days.

I have and that is exactly why I follow the law but will bend the policy if it exists. I have not seen a "no weapons" sign in my area theaters.

Last "no weapons" sign I saw was at Woodruff Arts Center downtown Atlanta. I considered walking back to the family van parked nearly 3 blocks away but with two kids and a wife to watch over I reconsidered and the Kahr remained well concealed in its holster until needed.

I had a really nice fellow see me a couple of days ago and he had to remove his ankle holster. While he was kindly apologizing for carrying it into the office, I was straining to see what he was carrying and picked up on the grip/size. I informed him our office policy followed state law and as long as he was legal in the state he had no worries in the office with his Ruger LCP.

He was a bit taken when I actually recognized the brand/model. He was retired LEO/SWAT and now a Christian Academy School Football Coach with time on his hands. He said he had some concern at his school but the staff felt better knowing he was there and armed. We had a good talk.

Last edited:
Congrats on taking action ink. I did this once also with brandsmart. I contacted corporate through email and received a call from the Mall of Georgia store manager the next day. He was actually very cool about it all and told me open carry or not, if im ever approached by my firearm, to request him immediately and he would take care of it. I know as one person, I wont change much but sometimes you get little wins like that. Did the same thing with Taco Mac near me and talked with the manager there who was completely fine with it. The general response I get from these people is that there are stores in other areas that may have a problem with firearms or gun violence. Corporate then drafts an overall policy company wide regarding it. Its to later reduce liability to the company by them being able to say in court, if something happens, that they had a policy in place to counteract whatever "happened" it sucks but lawsuits involving this stuff for stores can go up into the millions of dollars so I dont hold it against them but if its a place I truely love, I will talk to corporate or atleast a store manager of that location.

Pop, did Aaron ever tell you the time he was stopped outside of a Wal-mart by two cops? He was open carrying, I can't remember what state.... but, they told him he had to take it off before he came back. Said it was, "upsetting the public". He got in their faces and told them hell no...lol. They couldn't do anything about it. He was within his rights to open carry and there was no sign posted. I don't get why people are soooo scared of people open carrying. It's retarded.

I think these policies have more to do with corporate liability than public safety. Although, the veil of public safety does seem to keep these policies mainstream. The simple fact that they have a policy is a means to wash their hands in the off-chance that a patron, idiot or otherwise whom is legally carrying, draws and misses. It's a business decision more than anything else.

Ink, I completely understand your sentiment and it's good that you contacted them, but it's a slippery slope.

The way I see it, it's policy not law, so like someone else said....concealed is concealed. Printing sounds like a personal problem. ;)

Back
Top Bottom