More proof the NRA is not on you're side

kikkup

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
2   0
Reaction score
Coalition sends open letter opposing gun ban to Congress
b.usacarry.co_forums_images_smilies_new1_shout.gif

Oregon Firearms Federation and two dozen other gun rights groups across the country have joined together today to send a letter to Congress demanding that legislators uphold and protect the Second Amendment.
"Stripping away a God-given, Constitutionally protected right as a reaction to the crimes of madmen is a ridiculous way to make national policy,” OFF Executive Director Kevin Starrett stated in a press release announcing the National Coalition to Stop the Gun Ban. “Concentrating all power in the state was the central theme behind every murderous regime in history. It must not be allowed to happen here.”
The Open Letter to Members of Congress is signed by national organizations including The Firearms Coalition, Gun Owners of America, Rights Watch International, Second Amendment Sisters and USRKBA.org, and they are joined by state organizations from throughout the Republic.
Among the positions put forth by the group:
“Members of the National Coalition to Stop the Gun Ban demand that Congress refuse to use lawful gun owners as political scapegoats and instead reduce school violence by defeating any attempt to pass gun control including, but not limited to, banning semi-automatic firearms or magazines, or requiring private gun transfers to be registered through the National Instant Check System; and repealing the Gun Free School Zones Act of 1996,” the letter states.
“Some will urge you to ‘compromise,’ perhaps even the National Rifle Association,” the coalition warns (a coalition source told Gun Rights Examiner NRA representatives declined to sign the letter). “The many thousands of gun rights supporters represented by the Coalition, however, regard ‘compromise,’ as our opposition defines it, to be a process in which we lose slightly fewer of our rights than under the original proposal. Consequently, any legislation which registers or bans firearms; limits magazine capacity; registers private transactions through NICS; or restricts time, place or manner of self-defense is unacceptable.”
Click here to read the entire open letter and to see all the signatories. Interested gun owners can contact those organizations in their state to find out how they can get involved, and are encouraged to contact national and state gun rights groups they belong to that have not yet joined the coalition.
Perhaps this is something we all can get behind! What are your thoughts?

http://www.examiner.com/article/coalition-sends-open-letter-opposing-gun-ban-to-congress?CID=examiner_alerts_article

So since the NRA didn't sign it they aren't on our side?

NRA has a nasty habit of not doing anything that isn't their own, they've worked against GCO sometimes, but to say that they will ask us to compromise is purely speculative.

I just got that from USA carry, GCO has been saying for quite some time that they were back stabber's but I'm a member of a bunch of different organizations, they all say the same thing.... The NRA has always been there to a point but they always cave in the end....and this time is different.. I'm a member, But that's something I did a long time Ago....

While the NRA isn't as extreme as other organizations they are still on the pro gun side of the line and that puts them on my side IMO. They're smart enough to play the "game" at the highest level and are constantly pushing pro gun politics. So I'm ok with them myself. I just have a reasonable expectation as to what they will and won't do.

What is the point of this post? I don't see anything that would indicate that the NRA is not 100% on the side of the Second Amendment. Don't bash the NRA because they did not join in the signing of an open letter. The gun community is made up of a lot of different groups with a variety of points of view. The NRA has been around since 1871 and have been working on behalf of gun owners all these years. I have got to think that they have learned what works and what does not. I am an NRA member and just joined Georgia Carry. I held off joining GCO for some time because a few GCO members have posted anti-NRA statements here. But I joined up because if there was a time we need to have a strong voice in Washington and Atlanta it is now. We need to be united not divided. Bashing the NRA does not help our collective cause.

Last edited:
Couldn't read past "god given"....sorry, painting the NRA as adversaries because they wouldn't agree to a draft of a letter that sounds like it was written by a pompous, amd poorly educated highschool kid isn't that incriminating.

OK, I was out of line, I have been a little crazy with all this crap going on, I will try to refrain from binge posting, I'm sure they are on our side I just feel they compromise sometime.....and with the crap with DSS, I'm losing a bunch of money right now...

Back
Top Bottom