• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

More proof the NRA is not on you're side

While the NRA isn't as extreme as other organizations they are still on the pro gun side of the line and that puts them on my side IMO. They're smart enough to play the "game" at the highest level and are constantly pushing pro gun politics. So I'm ok with them myself. I just have a reasonable expectation as to what they will and won't do.

I agree, save your paranoia for what the anti=gun scum are gonna do. The NRA is clearly on our side.

Gun Backfire.jpg

I normally do not care for the NRA. Their speech moved me. That was reason enough for me to join.

Same here. Was a member from 92 until about 2005 or so. I felt like they could have done more in '94. I have Rugers but still haven't forgiven Bill Ruger for his part. But, I am back in the fold. We are better off with a strong NRA than the alternative.

I remain proud of the NRA.

There are several good gun organizations around, and the NRA is just the biggest one.

I don't understand where these "NRA compromises" or "caves" accusations get started. I joined as a life member in '94, during that Clinton insanity. I read all of their publications back then. I don't remember ever seeing the word "compromise" anywhere. They fought that sucker tooth and nail. They tried to get people fired up, but it was too little to stop the ban. (However, the '94 elections were 100% the NRA's responsibility. People finally woke up and showed up at the polls.) Several hundred thousand votes can really shake up a mid-term election. The NRA knows that-and those politicians up in DC have hopefully not forgotten it! Very few groups can slam the polls with voters like the NRA.

Maybe people think that sometimes the NRA supports some of the wrong politicians. That view is understandable, but I think the NRA just does what is necessary. Sometimes, it helps to contribute to some politician who will be there for 99% of your issues, than to hold out and get 0%. I think the NRA is better at making stuff happen in DC (or keeping it from happening,) where some of these other organizations just seem to specialize in throwing stones at the NRA to elicit more money for themselves.

Last edited:
I know this, every single time the anti gun people start talking about who keeps them from making progress on the banning front it's the NRA's name that gets tossed out there. They are a powerful advocate for guns.

If anyone hasn't joined, now is the time.

Back
Top Bottom