• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Most overrated/overpricedgun(s)?

Oh and how did I forget the M-14. Ask anyone in the military who has used them, they'll tell you, " I'd rather have an AR-10, that thing is kind of ridiculous". Seriously, AR-10 > M-14.

I just spent the weekend in a cabin,which had a gun value book in it.Don`t remember the name,but it was about 5 inches thick.Had every gun ever made in it.Was the current edition.Most handguns on here are overpriced,except for Ruger semis,according to the book.Ruger semis were worth more than most folks on here are willing to give.So,Ruger semi`s probably bring more in other areas of the country.Something I`ve noticed on here is,that some fellers ain`t realized that LCPs ain`t scarce any more.There is a slew of folks wanting to get rid of`em,but ,Hey,I`ve seen two stores sell`em new for $260.Kels,TCPs,Bersas,etc.,are coming down,though.I know,it`s what the market will bear.

I just spent the weekend in a cabin,which had a gun value book in it.Don`t remember the name,but it was about 5 inches thick.Had every gun ever made in it.Was the current edition.Most handguns on here are overpriced,except for Ruger semis,according to the book.Ruger semis were worth more than most folks on here are willing to give.So,Ruger semi`s probably bring more in other areas of the country.Something I`ve noticed on here is,that some fellers ain`t realized that LCPs ain`t scarce any more.There is a slew of folks wanting to get rid of`em,but ,Hey,I`ve seen two stores sell`em new for $260.Kels,TCPs,Bersas,etc.,are coming down,though.I know,it`s what the market will bear.

Yep, after all the women and "men" who carry them bought theirs, the gun bubble finally deflated and now it's back to normal.

M1A or M14-s. Overpriced.

Yours may have been over priced, mine shoots like a laser. Never so much as a hiccup. It's one of a very few pieces that I've bought new, with the new price, without any buyers remorse soon afterwards. To me it shoots incredibly well, and yea, I'd buy it again. I understand what you're saying. I wanted one a long time, and kept telling myself that no production rifle's worth that. Then I'd shoot another one and it'd start over again. I kept talking myself out of buying one too long. I only have one, and it would be one of the very last firearms I'd likely ever put up for sale.

Yours may have been over priced, mine shoots like a laser. Never so much as a hiccup. It's one of a very few pieces that I've bought new, with the new price, without any buyers remorse soon afterwards. To me it shoots incredibly well, and yea, I'd buy it again. I understand what you're saying. I wanted one a long time, and kept telling myself that no production rifle's worth that. Then I'd shoot another one and it'd start over again. I kept talking myself out of buying one too long. I only have one, and it would be one of the very last firearms I'd likely ever put up for sale.

Your text is really hard to read man.Bring it back to normal

Not knocking your experience, just my experience and opinion.

The first firearm I'd sell would be the M14-s or M1Aa because:
I could trade it for at least 7000 rounds of ammo.
It's heavy and bulky.
It uses expensive, heavy and bulky ammo.
It has several scope mount downsides.
Magazines are large, low-round count and expensive.
It can't hit anything at a distance faster or any more accurately than a half-priced Rem 700.
If it gets a squib or overheated in the field, can do nothing quickly because barrel's permanently attached.

From my experience to date, the firearm I would want pried out of my cold-dead fingers is a Steyr Aug A3.

*Compact
*Lighter weight
*Flexible sighting platform
*Lighter and more compact ammo
*Change from shooting .223 rifle ammo to .9mm close-range ammo IN THE FIELD in under a minute.
*Next to zero muzzle rise to keep on target.
*Up to 42 round mag's
*Can change from 16-inch barrel threadded for suppressor to a 24-inch barrel with suitable twist rate in under 10 seconds IN THE FIELD using one hand.
*Accurate
*Can install a Class3 FA hammer pak and rock & roll. Need money, sell the pak and you're back to semi.
*Can do a FA mag dump while holding on target due to lack of muzzle rise.

I never said they were any better or worse than anything else, I simply said that I like mine. It suits me for plinking at 100yds or so. Mine's a fun gun, not a battle rifle. I shoot mine mostly with open sights, but I have a scout mount/scope that works fine when I want glass. I'm the first to admit that like anything else, they ain't for everybody.

My pics:

HK USPs - They're nice, but not worth the price to me. Would rather have a Glock, nice leather and ammo for the same price
Most 1911's - Now don't get me wrong, a good 1911 is worth its weight in gold, but most of the ones out there aren't worth what the manufacturers are chargin.

Back
Top Bottom