• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Moving violation record

10 years? May help you on insurance rates, but not on violation records.

The fuzz can pull up every stop you ever had dating back for decades. Had it happen to my neighbor and the cop had everything dating back to when he was 16 and got his license in 1981.

68 years old, ran a red light in Avondale Estates when I was 16, it's still on my record.

On a different subject. Check out https://tikd.com/ they claim when you pay for their service an attorney will show up in your place at court and you will not get any points on your license to drive up your insurance.

Basically a scam.

There is another discussion of this. It you don't have a terrible record, you can show up yourself, and the court will change the charge so you don't get points, but you pay a fine.

If you are dealing with a probate court (as opposed to a municipal court) a lot of times you can go by and see the judge beforehand, and he will do adjust the ticket then.

The only time you probably need an attorney is if the ticket will affect your livelihood, such as you having a CDL, or you are driving a company vehicle. In that case, the attorney is cheap insurance for keeping your job.

BUT I wouldn't cheap out with this pre-paid sevice. Plenty of stories about the attorney not showing up, not knowing what he is doing, and so on. If the points mean that much to you, you want an attorney who handles these matters routinely in the court in which you are - take that monthly payment and put it in a cookie jar so you can pay the atty. if you need to.

So i just got a speeding ticket in Benton tennessee. 40mph zone on a 4 lane highway. The cop ask me if i had any history. I told him no since my last ticket was over 10yrs ago. He came back after running my tag and says i have a long history of speeding?
How do i check my own MVR? Also, how would i dispute items on it if i find errors?
Thanks!
Was that you at around 3:00 - 3:45 yesterday? I rarely go down that section of 411 but when I do I set the cruise to 1 mph under.

10 years? May help you on insurance rates, but not on violation records.

The fuzz can pull up every stop you ever had dating back for decades. Had it happen to my neighbor and the cop had everything dating back to when he was 16 and got his license in 1981.
No he cannot. CSI isn’t real...

Ouch, that a super speeder if 25 over
Just fyi, if you plead guilty (just pay the ticket is pleading guilty) you will get a bonus prize in the mail soon after.
That bonus is typically another $200 super speeder fine up to $500

I would opt for attorney or at least go to court and speak to the judge and have your complete MVR report in hand.
Good luck friend

free to go.jpg

Ouch, that a super speeder if 25 over
Just fyi, if you plead guilty (just pay the ticket is pleading guilty) you will get a bonus prize in the mail soon after.
That bonus is typically another $200 super speeder fine up to $500

I would opt for attorney or at least go to court and speak to the judge and have your complete MVR report in hand.
Good luck friend
Brother a super speeder that was $400

Back
Top Bottom