• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mr. green jeans experience while hunting.

I still can’t figure out why the owner of the property (the public) should have to pay to use their own land?

Maybe we could just charge federal and state employees a fee to trespass on our land.

Oh and don’t forget illegal aliens...they should pay triple.
If you owned land privately, how much would you have to pay to keep it up and/or manage wildlife on it?

thats why I have an almanac in my truck every year.Yeah I guess some are to dumb to equate daylite with sunrise. Another episode where some prolly shot a deer before the correct time.Burn em at the stake.

The DNR site you report your deer kills on has a page with all the sunrise and sunset times. Very handy.

If you owned land privately, how much would you have to pay to keep it up and/or manage wildlife on it?

Not sure, unless I did it myself.

Of course, whoever I hired to manage MY property would not tell ME what I could and couldn’t do on my land.
Or worse treat me like a trespasser on my own property. ...
Or arrest me for some chicken**** rule they thought up. They would respect me and my wishes or hit the road.
Is that what you mean?

Who's "managing" land/wildlife now? DNR are LAW ENFORCEMENT, They even have a brand new Emergency response truck with it written on the side.

The DNR hasn't managed wildlife in decades. Revenue collectors and trespassers looking for a pot field. lol

Who's "managing" land/wildlife now? DNR are LAW ENFORCEMENT, They even have a brand new Emergency response truck with it written on the side.

The DNR hasn't managed wildlife in decades. Revenue collectors and trespassers looking for a pot field. lol
DNR has 6 divisions. One of course is LE.
WRD is not LE and their entire function is managing wildlife and most public lands.
Despite the fact the land is owned by all Georgians and not just hunters.

DNR has 6 divisions. One of course is LE.
WRD is not LE and their entire function is managing wildlife and most public lands.
Despite the fact the land is owned by all Georgians and not just hunters.

If the land is owned by all Georgians and not just hunters, why is it that hunters are the only ones who have to pay?:fish2:

If the land is owned by all Georgians and not just hunters, why is it that hunters are the only ones who have to pay?:fish2:
The land and the game are two different things. Consumptive uses invariably cost. The GORP pass was eliminated which is good and bad. Hunters have enjoyed disproportionate use and for that I'm thankful... and quiet....

Back
Top Bottom