• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My Favorite Deer Calibers

300 mag is just to big of a cartridge for a deer here in Ga.. Period! the 30-30 is the perfect cartridge of all time. Arguably. Maybe step up to the 270 for longer shots but you very rarely get a shot over 100 yards with all the brush and the 30-30 could stretch out to 250 with the levevelution ammo. 300 mag is good for grizzly, long range elk and very long range mt. goat. Other than that it's like frying one egg on the Japanese Hibachi Grill. Yum! We go every Christmas night over there of Town Lake Parkway. Yes I get more than on egg.

300 mag is just to big of a cartridge for a deer here in Ga.. Period! the 30-30 is the perfect cartridge of all time. Arguably. Maybe step up to the 270 for longer shots but you very rarely get a shot over 100 yards with all the brush and the 30-30 could stretch out to 250 with the levevelution ammo. 300 mag is good for grizzly, long range elk and very long range mt. goat. Other than that it's like frying one egg on the Japanese Hibachi Grill. Yum! We go every Christmas night over there of Town Lake Parkway. Yes I get more than on egg.

That's why I use the 300 RUM. Im a single egg on a hibachi kinda guy. ;)

Back
Top Bottom