• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My mom passed away last week...

My mom passed away last Wednesday, March 15th. On my 9 year wedding anniversary. She was 88, just shy of her 89th birthday on May 2nd. She had not been doing well for awhile, so I figured it was just a matter of time, but it doesn't make it any easier. While I was not with her, she was surrounded by family and knew she was loved. My boss had actually sent me home from work to go be with her, but I was just leaving town when I got the news. That's one thing I hate about living in a different state. I'm just glad that I used my few consecutive days off the prior two weekends to spend time with her at least.

So far I've been ok. I was surrounded by family. Now that I'm back home with a little free time, it's weighing heavily on my heart. Her service was on Sunday. It was nice as far as funerals go I suppose. Us kids had to place a white rose on her. Two have passed away already so I had to place their roses too. That was so hard. I know in time it will get easier, but it's going to take some time.

Please keep my family and I in your prayers.

My mom and I when I was just a little baby girl.
View attachment 1109310

My condolences to you and your family. You are in my Prayers!!!

That's really stirred my feelings. I hope you find peace with it. I moved away from my family almost two years ago, an now Moms on the way out. Actually heading back to Australia for 10 days next week to see her. Thinking what I could do for her, settled on getting my son out to her for a visit. It'll fill her heart, an he's 5, so hopefully it'll give him some proper memories to keep with him forever. Heart felt condolences to you and yours.

My mom passed away last Wednesday, March 15th. On my 9 year wedding anniversary. She was 88, just shy of her 89th birthday on May 2nd. She had not been doing well for awhile, so I figured it was just a matter of time, but it doesn't make it any easier. While I was not with her, she was surrounded by family and knew she was loved. My boss had actually sent me home from work to go be with her, but I was just leaving town when I got the news. That's one thing I hate about living in a different state. I'm just glad that I used my few consecutive days off the prior two weekends to spend time with her at least.

So far I've been ok. I was surrounded by family. Now that I'm back home with a little free time, it's weighing heavily on my heart. Her service was on Sunday. It was nice as far as funerals go I suppose. Us kids had to place a white rose on her. Two have passed away already so I had to place their roses too. That was so hard. I know in time it will get easier, but it's going to take some time.

Please keep my family and I in your prayers.

My mom and I when I was just a little baby girl.
View attachment 1109310

Kind lady, I prayed for you.
I know your loss.
I grew up in funeral homes, as all previous generations have gone to be with the Lord, including my Parents and all my siblings, of a family of seven.

Then, when my wife died last May, I was lost for months.
Other than my Son, and four cousins, I have no one left.

But I STILL HAVE GOD !
I will not give up.

Back
Top Bottom