• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My parents had a tv like this…

Zenith. Ours was a zenith. No remote but I remember some aftermarket “as seen on tv” gadget that would turn it on and off. It was like a squeeze toy with a little whistle in it. I guess it was something you plugged the tv into then it got plugged into the wall. Back then it was like a magic wand though.

Got married in 84 we financed our Curtis Mathis when we bought our first house.29.900 in Bloomfield.it was the upper middle class then.

Grandfather had one of these in the farm house. We thought he was rich.
cf672b5c0719c65364d44cb2aa0fcf66.jpg
And it weighed about 400#

id take those b/w foil wrapped antenna tv shutting down at midnight days over what we have now..My bro and I was talking about how Stockbridge would roll up the carpet early on Wednesdays for people who went to church. Lot less idiots back then...
I remember banks and doctor's offices closing Wednesdays at 11 or Noon.

WOW, my Dad bought a used Magnavox. Had a radio, I think, turn table and TV. it was nice. I remember watching the first landing on the moon on that TV in black and white
Yup, me too. Watched it at "uncle Neal's" house on a similar tv. I knew it was a big deal from the way all the grups were glued to it but didn't know why at the time. I was almost 4 but the memory is very vivid.

I also remember the first time I saw a douche commercial on t.v., LOL. Must have been 1981 or there abouts. I remember thinking WTF?!?!?!?

Back
Top Bottom