• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My parents had a tv like this…

in the early 70's me and the siblings would take turns in the summer of riding with our Pops. He was a McCrory dimestore truckdriver. (unlike lot of the drivers today he took a daily shower, shaved and sometimes wore a tie. He would set up little racks with wheels to get the small boxes of stuff from the nose to the tail of the trailer. Some of the boxes were my 'sized' and i would put them on the rack. He would holler out 'here comes more mouthwash'....Later on i found out that Massengill douche wasn't mouthwash lol
That's funny right there........

Yep, channel changer and outside antenna rotation expert. We had 3 channels for ATL. 2,5,11, and 3 for Chattanooga 3, 9, 12. Good old days.
I have one of those power rotation antennas. At our old house we couldn't hardly pick up anything. We put an amplifier on and picked up Tenn. That was on analog TV. This new and improved digital TV, you don't know what or when anything will come in. You certainly can't depend on it. About like everything else these days

Yep…and the antenna adjuster/holder !
Kids nowadays never know the joy of having to adjust antenna constantly to get a somewhat decent picture with less lines and static as possible
Hollering back and forth from outside while rotating the damn pole. But at least back then you COULD watch TV even with some snow/static in it. These days with digital TV it's all or nothing.

365DB319-AD4B-473D-8FBD-1520BE6040E4.jpeg

I remember taking the back of the tv apart to change the tubes

Back
Top Bottom