• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My take on a 1911 CCW .45 acp

Sights don’t affect the conceal-ability, or ability to draw much, if at all, but make a big difference in a self defense situation especially in todays time when you may have to contact multiple assailants at longer distances. For example, I’m not taking a shot in a crowded restaurant or church without sights. Especially under duress.

Sights, holsters are mandatory.

The 1911's biggest advantage over other Weapon types is its short, crisp, LIGHT Trigger Pull with it's very short reset--It's accuracy potential would be an advantage, sure, but the TRIGGER Saint John Moses Browning put in the 1911 is the main reason to choose one...
Yep, it's all about that straight pull trigger.

But what's the point of having a good trigger? More accurate shots, especially at range, which isn't going to happen when you remove the sights.

Even if you practice and are proficient in point shooting: I would surely hate trying to explain to a jury how having no sites “might” be more desirable.
I can’t think of a scenario where a jury would buy into that.

Trench sights went out of vogue several years ago but inside of 7-10 yards you can make them work alright. I am pretty sure the Colt New Agent was one of the last factory guns to come with trench sights. \

Trench sights are not so much no sights, but a different sighting system that you also have to learn to use and know its limitations.

Even if you practice and are proficient in point shooting: I would surely hate trying to explain to a jury how having no sites “might” be more desirable.
I can’t think of a scenario where a jury would buy into that.
You ain't gonna be explaining nothing to a jury because the guy you were fighting had sites on his pistol and didn't miss his shots.

Back
Top Bottom