• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My take on a 1911 CCW .45 acp

It’s not technically a “no sights” pistol, it’s just a modified version of the trench sight. Not exactly a new concept. It’s not for everyone, or every situation for sure, but it will work for most situations inside 21 feet of “uh oh!”. It wouldn’t be my first choice but I see the advantages and disadvantages both.
AF3D1E99-2C54-4A2D-906A-AD7DD423DECE.jpeg
3AEBB7BC-044A-4F0C-B616-A408CD7EF794.jpeg
B1BB8A0B-C46F-4619-B725-231E069C9A5F.jpeg

“Worse…crappy…horrible.” Well that seemed well thought out. Good thing there are other options out there. I myself carry a Glock 17 with fiber optic sights. It’s not for everyone though. Recognizing that some folks prefer/need a Prius and others prefer/need a Ford F350 Dually can be tough.

“Worse…crappy…horrible.” Well that seemed well thought out. Good thing there are other options out there. I myself carry a Glock 17 with fiber optic sights. It’s not for everyone though. Recognizing that some folks prefer/need a Prius and others prefer/need a Ford F350 Dually can be tough.
I can't think of a better description for taking a platform known for it's accuracy and stripping away the sights. It's just dumb.

1911's downside is that they are heavier, lower capacity, and a little less reliable than most modern pistols. The only upside is they are generally very accurate.

Take away the sights and you're left with only the downside.

I can't think of a better description for taking a platform known for it's accuracy and stripping away the sights. It's just dumb.

1911's downside is that they are heavier, lower capacity, and a little less reliable than most modern pistols. The only upside is they are generally very accurate.

Take away the sights and you're left with only the downside.

The 1911's biggest advantage over other Weapon types is its short, crisp, LIGHT Trigger Pull with it's very short reset--It's accuracy potential would be an advantage, sure, but the TRIGGER Saint John Moses Browning put in the 1911 is the main reason to choose one...

Back
Top Bottom