• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

National signing day...

Been there done that both. No comparison. Of course the UGA game was when LSU was in town and LSU won so granted the 'atmosphere' probably wasn't what the locals vaunt but hey... stuff happens. ;)
I want to try and make every SEC venue but not making much progress so far. :mmph:
Just LSU, Ole Miss, Auburn, Bama, and UGA.
LSU expanded their stadium prior to last year. At 102,321 the capacity now puts it in the top 10 stadiums in the WORLD...... but only third in the SEC! :pound:

I when to LSU/UGA in Baton Rouge 10 years or so ago. LSU is setup so much better for tailgating than Athens. UGA knows how to party, but good grief no one out parties the Cajuns!

Last edited:
Reactions: WWG
What kills me is that UT seems to get good recruiting classes but it never pans out for them. SMH thats good coaching for you.
They certainly get biggest under performer based on recruiting class for a few years running. But you'd thnk UGA would have accidentally gotten a national championship by now under Richt with some of the classes they've had.

They certainly get biggest under performer based on recruiting class for a few years running. But you'd thnk UGA would have accidentally gotten a national championship by now under Richt with some of the classes they've had.
I hate to say but the coaching has killed UGA for years, they have had the teams to compete but get out coached on every facet of the game. Maybe I'm bias since I am a B1G Ten guy, but Richt IMO needs to go! He brings in great classes almost every year and has the talent at every skill position, but they end up losing winnable games.

i disagree as the program has just gotten rebuilt. We got rid of all the thugs from the kiffin era, the disorganization from the dooley era.....
So this year will be our best chance to get back in. Our program is very close to becoming veiwed as a Vandy or Kentucky mid level performing program.
I mean the 90's the Vols were running the table 11-1,10-2,11-1 seasons. Manning 1997 SEC championship, 1998 Tee Martin National Championship and so on all the way until 2007....that's where the long slow decline seems to have began. That was the first year in the history of the program that the Vols allowed 40points to be scored in more than three games in one season.

Reactions: WWG
i disagree as the program has just gotten rebuilt. We got rid of all the thugs from the kiffin era, the disorganization from the dooley era.....
So this year will be our best chance to get back in. Our program is very close to becoming veiwed as a Vandy or Kentucky mid level performing program.
I mean the 90's the Vols were running the table 11-1,10-2,11-1 seasons. Manning 1997 SEC championship, 1998 Tee Martin National Championship and so on all the way until 2007....that's where the long slow decline seems to have began. That was the first year in the history of the program that the Vols allowed 40points to be scored in more than three games in one season.
Despite the dominance by a handful the last many years, there is NOT a single team that is a gimme. I still can't believe Arkansas's SEC record for that long.
I was at that game. (SECCG 2001). I loved it. These two not so much. :)

www.frumpzilla.com_image_gallery_Tennessee_Fans_2001_SEC_Championship.jpg

Back
Top Bottom