• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Navigating before Waze & Google Maps

paper maps are going to be useful
ONLY as long as the government continues spending money to put up road signs telling you what road you're on and what intersection is coming up ahead.

I think they will soon stop doing that as money saving measure and force everybody to subscribe to a GPS navigation service.

That way, the government can say they are here supporting free enterprise (because there will be more than one private company out there offering GPS navigation software for your car).

The gov't will spend that "no more road signs" money on more welfare, free abortions, and gender change procedures for your school-age children.

paper maps are going to be useful
ONLY as long as the government continues spending money to put up road signs telling you what road you're on and what intersection is coming up ahead.

I think they will soon stop doing that as money saving measure and force everybody to subscribe to a GPS navigation service.

That way, the government can say they are here supporting free enterprise (because there will be more than one private company out there offering GPS navigation software for your car).

The gov't will spend that "no more road signs" money on more welfare, free abortions, and gender change procedures for your school-age children.
If roads are the only thing on maps, yeah.
There other ways to navigate, using landmarks.
A map and a compass can do you lots of things.

I still have quite a few of these old paper maps from different cities around GA. When I worked as an on-site service technician almost 20 years ago I was assigned a pretty big territory from Macon up to Madison/Greensboro and everything in between. First stop would be to the City Hall or visitors bureau to find a local map. Of course had my handy GA map too.

Back
Top Bottom