• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Navigating before Waze & Google Maps

Hey, I love the GPS and stuff. But you better know where you are going just to be safe. I always carry an Atlas with me everywhere I go. Electronics can always fail. Not just for bad stuff, but just because they fail sometimes. I also don't trust my GPS to give me the quickest routes. It will give me the shortest route, but that is not always the quickest. Now if you get hung up in a traffic jam, and need to bail to side roads, GPS will get you home eventually :cool:

AAA Triptik got me from FL to Ft. Bliss.

EL2X9fDWkAYHP04.jpg

I don’t know how I got anywhere before GPS. I swear I use it just to go to the grocery store now. Back in the 80’s, 90’s and early 00’s, if you needed me to pick you up at the airport, hell I’d just get in the car and drive like there was no accidents, road construction detours or speed traps. How’d we survive? 🤷‍♂️

My brother in law used to work in Virginia many years ago got off work and drove till needed gas. Stopped filled up and let his wife take over while he got some sleep. She woke him up and said time for gas again and he said she had gotten on road headed right back where they came from 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
When I drive the family on trips, every time I approach the interstate entrance ramps, I always ask "We're going north, right?"
Usually I use the direction we're going. Occasionally, I use the opposite. Just to see if they're awake.

Still like to use a map occasionally. Unfortunately, wife (like maybe 80% of women) has no concept of how they work, so have to pull over at every major highway intersection to see which way to go.
And E/W/N/S, even left or right, she’s as lost as a ball in high weeds.

Back
Top Bottom