• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Life Before Cell Phone

I grew up on a dead end dirt road, the county would bring in a big scaper and "grade" it out every few months... so a huge pile of rocks/dirt accumulated at the end of the road, which had a downhill slope.

I tried for years to build up enough courage to full send it off that hump and over the drainage ditch just past it...(probably 12' or so across). Every time i chickened out except the last time, i pedaled as hard as i could and caught some serious air, ended up leaning backwards somehow and landed flat on my back with the bike on top of me. Good times and no hospital.

Knee and elbow scabs.

I remember this one time I going down this long hill near my childhood home. My foot slipped off the peddle and my knee went to the ground, it peeled all the skin and meat off my knee cap. It royally sucked; I was on one of those bikes without hand brakes, it was a peddle backwards for brakes kind of bike...

My dad simply looked at it and said, well, this looks expensive put me in the back seat of my mom's Ford Aerostar van and to the ER we went.

I never rode a motorcycle ( mini bike)growing up had a cousin get killed on a Mini-Bike.dad Said keep your ass off of
Them or they will be consequences.no timeouts in his consequences.
As far as motorcycles after grown he instilled in me only two people ride them
Ones that had a wreck
And
The ones that gonna have a wreck
Well, your dad was right about the two types.
But no sense limiting your fun out of fear.
Wouldn’t get on one now, at my age, but sure did enjoy riding when I could.

Well, your dad was right about the two types.
But no sense limiting your fun out of fear.
Wouldn’t get on one now, at my age, but sure did enjoy riding when I could.
I think it was fear .he just was present when his brother son broke his neck and seen the hurt and guilt his brother carried,

Back
Top Bottom