• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Navigating before Waze & Google Maps

I remember exactly when I learned that women can't read maps (it's something in their genes).
We where winding our way threw the mountains of North Carolina and Virginia on a road trip.
I had my hands full with driving so I turned map duties over to my wife.
After driving awhile we came across a sign "Welcome to Martinsville Virginia"...cool Martinsville, kept going.
Drove for another 1 1/2 hours under my wife's direction when we came across another sign that said..."Welcome to Martinsville Virginia ".
Never asked her to read a map again.
In high school, I had the misfortune of being in a Social Studies class taught by the football coach (I think they wouldn't trust him to teach Health like most coaches).
Half the semester was learning to read maps. Standard road maps, nothing else.
And most of the class had trouble keeping up.

Still have some paper maps and old Rand McNally atlases around. I still travel where cell phones don't have coverage. Hard to believe but places like that still exist. Besides when the EMP goes off a paper map might come in handy 😂
I'll never give up my paper maps.
You never know how long this internet/satellite fad is going to last, chi com EMPs or when the gooberment might shut everything down. (For our on good of course)

I remember exactly when I learned that women can't read maps (it's something in their genes).
We where winding our way threw the mountains of North Carolina and Virginia on a road trip.
I had my hands full with driving so I turned map duties over to my wife.
After driving awhile we came across a sign "Welcome to Martinsville Virginia"...cool Martinsville, kept going.
Drove for another 1 1/2 hours under my wife's direction when we came across another sign that said..."Welcome to Martinsville Virginia ".
Never asked her to read a map again.
My brother in law used to work in Virginia many years ago got off work and drove till needed gas. Stopped filled up and let his wife take over while he got some sleep. She woke him up and said time for gas again and he said she had gotten on road headed right back where they came from 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

My brother in law used to work in Virginia many years ago got off work and drove till needed gas. Stopped filled up and let his wife take over while he got some sleep. She woke him up and said time for gas again and he said she had gotten on road headed right back where they came from 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
I was actually so astounded by my wife's lake of navigational skills that I did a little research on the subject years ago and it turns out women really can't read maps or follow directions well.
https://www.cxomedia.id/science/202...ctions, men,memory, emotions, and personality.

Back
Top Bottom