• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NC Star?

Here she is with her “super bull barrel”

View attachment 4026358

It’s alright. I have a rifle like that. I bought a savage model 93GV .17 HMR in 2003 when I was in 9th grade. I didn’t know any better about scopes and got a Simmons 4x scope for it. I don’t have the heart to change it. It’s never lost zero and I can Kentucky windage it to 200 yards with its little duplex reticle.

I like that old school DPMS, BTW.

Not gonna lie I have one. It’s on my first AR platform rifle I ever bought 20-25 yrs ago. I still have it. I thought I was bad ass! I won’t ever sell it,I just look and laugh.
I am ashamed
First rifle I ever bought was a Norinco mak-90 for $300. Went straight to the gun show and bought a bunch of tapco furniture, floppy ass picatinny dust cover and a NC Star red dot to put on top.

Ran home and put it all together and that was the happiest I've ever been with a firearm :lol:
Ignorance is truly bliss.

I thought it was a “snapper rifle” lol
It actually was a custom factory build.
JP adjustable trigger, 24” cryo’d fluted 1.25” barrel, riser, skeletonized stock. Sum b*tch heavy and a defiantly a plate checker. I’m going to put a Schmitt and Bender on it and go troll😎

Hardpass on NC Star. The Monstrum G3 scopes are pretty solid. They sent me a 1-4x and 1-6 to test for fun, both ran great. Otherwise, Vortex is the best bet for budget.

It all just depends you how you intend to utilize an optic.
Monstrum isn't much better than NC star. But hey, at least you pimp your sponsors!

Monstrum isn't much better than NC star. But hey, at least you pimp your sponsors!

Hardly. They follow me on social media and said they'd send one, why would I decline? Athlon sent me a scope and Vortex sent the Uh1 Gen II.

Most people don't have the means to spend $4000 on an optic just to LARP. I'm happy to test budget gear and recommend/ not recommend it too those types of people.

Back
Top Bottom