• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NcSTAR optics any good?

Just1more

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Retired
220   0
Reaction score
Specifically their P4 sniper scope with red dot? I’ve read mixed reviews but sometimes those are operator error set ups

1703767282352.png

I looked over various reviews for it. What I gather is that it will hold zero, but the glass isn't clear as magnification goes up.
At 1x it's fine. Of course most reviews are posted after they used it one time. I'd be concerned about longevity.
Because of the magnification issue, putting it on a short range .22 would probably be fine.

I looked over various reviews for it. What I gather is that it will hold zero, but the glass isn't clear as magnification goes up.
At 1x it's fine. Of course most reviews are posted after they used it one time. I'd be concerned about longevity.
Because of the magnification issue, putting it on a short range .22 would probably be fine.
Yea like GM said, longevity issues. I used it on a .22 for awhile. Had a binary in it, never lost zero but after some time being handled and used, the knobs started falling apart and the glass became dilapidated or something. Got murky. Just don't have big expectations for it if your going to use it alot.

Nice try but I already beat you to the punch.

Back
Top Bottom