Need help turning 1964 4000 Ford Tractor

dribble sea-foam right in the carb while it's turning over. Not responsible for injury or burning tractors but will accept accolades for fixed tractor and my bottle of mechanical genius.

Did you actually clean the carb, or just put the kit in it? I suspect there's some varnish buildup in some of the passages if it wasn't soaked/cleaned properly. Of course, that old gas probably isn't helping much. I try to drain as much out as possible when trying to get an engine running properly.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using TapaTalk
yes i would say the same..got to soak that thing in some Yamhalube carb cleaner sound like its not transitioning to the main jet..or simply water in the gas..happened to me several times.

Yeah, did that when I cleaned out fuel bowl.

Plug wires are almost new, very short wires as distributor is close to all plugs, wire routing not much choice, but I am not sure I replaced cap. Will do that. Thanks. I did rewire it as it was a jumble, converted to 12 volts - alternator - left voltage regulator and using it as a wire connector. Thanks.
most 12 v systems coils require a ballast resistor or a resistance wire..you may be experiencing a primary fault

Race track on bells ferry close to harbor freight has eth free fuel, all I use in my lawn stuff. Also rebuild the carb and get some plugs and wires and cap and rotor or make some from a 6 clyinder set

Race track on bells ferry close to harbor freight has eth free fuel, all I use in my lawn stuff. Also rebuild the carb and get some plugs and wires and cap and rotor or make some from a 6 clyinder set

I know all but cap are new and it may also be fairly new. I don't think, fairly sure, governor is not working, but it may be trying to and instead choking it down when it tries to engage. I will disconnect it to be sure it is not fouling up the situation.

Take a striker off a matchbook & clean the points. However if you feel a "titty" on one you'll hafta file it. Ps most older tractors points are set @ .020 which happens to be the thickness of a paper match,

Take a striker off a matchbook & clean the points. However if you feel a "titty" on one you'll hafta file it. Ps most older tractors points are set @ .020 which happens to be the thickness of a paper match,

This one is .025 for points and plugs. I have the original owners manual. I put new points in also. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom