• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help with Hyundai Santa Fe

alexs2006

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
50   0
Reaction score
Howdy all need some help/advice.

Long story short in 2021 my girlfriend bought a dealer demo 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe limited. We loved the car so much then one day at 59,000 miles the oil light comes on. I check it and it’s very low, it takes 5qts to fill and it had maybe 1qt left in it. We went though Hyundais process and eventually Hyundai put a new motor in it at 62,000 miles. It’s been fine, no oil consumption, smooth as glass. Well fast forward to Sunday it throws a check engine light, her on board diagnostic said the code was for the transmission(P0741). I had already had an appointment to get the oil changed, so my mechanic went ahead and did a flush and fill on the trans and check the check engine light. He said no codes were active and he cleared the CEL. Well we pick it up this evening it drives like normal and the CEL comes back on less than 10 miles down the road. The car has 86,000 miles on it now. I am almost positive the drive train is still under warranty to 105000.

So in the morning she’s taking it to the dealer. Should we tell them about taking to the mechanic today? What should or shouldn’t we say? Never had these kind of issues with a new vehicle before.

They'll probably blame it on the flush and fill.....dealerships are worse than insurance companies about trying to weasel out of claims....usually because of the mfg and warranty only pays 1/2

If it has the 3.7 or 2.4 engines this has been a recurring issue, last i heard their is a class action lawsuit because of oil leaks and transmissions failures in most of their models.

Back
Top Bottom