NEED HELP WTIH 07 CAMRY 2AZ-FE 4 CYL ENGINE

Like others have said, if it does start burning oil, just keep a good check on it. I have a little s10 that burns about a quart a month, purs like a kitten. Only thing I do different is I take out the spark plugs every oil change and spray them with carb cleaner to knock off the extra carbon from the burning oil.

But this 2azfe engine has a history once it starts burning oil it steadily gets progressively worse to the point it is burning oil at the rate of a quart every 300 miles or less. It will eventually burn up the engine.

The engine does make carbon and the holes in the piston ring grooves get clogged up and Toyota after a check that shows it is using 1.2 quarts or more in 1000 miles, will put in the $3200 kit at their expense if the car is not over 10 years old and 150,000 miles.

Since you are out of warranty that ship has sailed...

easiest/best option is drop a Jap motor in...

are you actually using oil now?

If I wanted to keep the car and perhaps pass a good car to my grand kids. If I had no problems now and planed on high oil consumption, I would build a short block up. Much easier than pulling one apart and swapping pistons and rings. You never know what you find at the last moment.
You might even be able to purchase one from a builder locally.
Short blocks could easily be changed to long blocks and dropped in on a weekend.
Mobil one is good at reducing carbon, I would just ride it out and change fluids on a regular schedule and save the money.

If I wanted to keep the car and perhaps pass a good car to my grand kids. If I had no problems now and planed on high oil consumption, I would build a short block up. Much easier than pulling one apart and swapping pistons and rings. You never know what you find at the last moment.
You might even be able to purchase one from a builder locally.
Short blocks could easily be changed to long blocks and dropped in on a weekend.
Mobil one is good at reducing carbon, I would just ride it out and change fluids on a regular schedule and save the money.

Those are my intentions and I think as a little added insurance I may start putting in a quart of Marvel Mystery Oil at each oil change. That should help minimize any carbon build up. Thanks for your comments.

Just run it and check the oil. My old 7a-Fe used a quart every other fill up. 200k. Ran strong when sold.

My damn Chevy equinox burns oil too. Got a letter in the mail on it. Oil smells like gas. I am not happy about it.

HOLY CRAP ME TOO!!!!!!!! I just bought my friends 2007 Camry with the 4 cylinder engine. There is a recall on it so my friend took it to Toyota and they told him to replace the Timing Chain Tensioner and drive it for 1,100 miles and if it still burns oil, they will rebuild the engine for free since there is a recall on it. Send me your number through PM and let's talk about this some more.

EDIT: The car has 134,000 miles on it.

EDIT #2: I just noticed you're in Kennesaw.. I'm in fricken Acworth!

Back
Top Bottom