• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need info about EMP resistant vehicles.

Since this is theODT, Im going to reveal a govt approved way to protet your vehicle. Get ya chicken wire and weld it all over the car, including the tires and the underside. dont forget the spare.
Then get ya some stucco mixed up in a thin coat and apply no less than 1/2" thick all over in cluding the glas and tires. after it hardens, take a chisel and bust out a couple of viewing slits in the windshield, if the glass busts outall over dont worry about it.

Voila! you are completely emp proof. You are welcome

Since this is theODT, Im going to reveal a govt approved way to protet your vehicle. Get ya chicken wire and weld it all over the car, including the tires and the underside. dont forget the spare.
Then get ya some stucco mixed up in a thin coat and apply no less than 1/2" thick all over in cluding the glas and tires. after it hardens, take a chisel and bust out a couple of viewing slits in the windshield, if the glass busts outall over dont worry about it. s

Voila! you are completely emp proof. You are welcome

Here is what it would look like pre-stucco :D lol As you can see it is also possible to use the car as an elevated look out post.

Car&Kurt09.jpg

5 ton with a plow blade to get past everything else stuck in your path. Remember last winter? :)
Speaking of winter. When I was in Korea, I got issued an old Dodge truck while everybody else got the diesel blazers and pickups. Can't remember the nomenclature (CUCV I think). I was the only one who didn't have starting issues when it got really cold out. Irony was, I was commo at the time, and didn't have any place to mount and check radios.

Chicken wire? Methinks you've never actually seen a Faraday cage. I have no idea what the stucco's supposed to do. "Nothing" is the reality... if that somehow blocked RF it would be an awful lot cheaper than what actual Faraday cages are made of...

But the truth is most modern vehicles will easily survive an EMP event, as testing indicates. Years ago, the electronics would get fried by nearby lightning strikes. So they hardened everything. Testing indicated that many autos would shut off, but crank right back up.

This should be very low on your list of worries. I'd be a lot more worried about a fuel supply myself.

Ive also heard that most cars wont be affected bc the metal of the car and tight fitting weather stripping etc acts as a faraday cage itself. Ill look for an article on it for more details

Back
Top Bottom