• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New 6.8 build

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I just put this together but I'm lacking a few small parts as the ship they're being ridiculously long. It has a Wilson Combat matched set of receivers and a Daniel Defense 16 inch 6.8 SPC 2 Barrel. And I won't bore you with the rest of the details but it's all mil-spec parts that I like and having my other 6/8 builds. I'm just waiting on the gas block and a couple of other small parts to get it shooting but I'm anxious to see the performance of the Daniel Defense Barrel. I have two other 6.8 and they have Wilson Combat barrels on those and they're extremely accurate but they're stainless steel barrels. I wanted more of a tough Workhorse Barrel on this one so I don't know what the accuracy will be but we will see. I'll post targets as soon as I get her up and going.

Pic.

Attachments

• IMG_20220703_100525575.jpg
    IMG_20220703_100525575.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 26
So what load you like for it ?
Well the Wilson Combat barrels love 95-110 gr, pills with 28.5- 29 grs. of XBR 8208. They will consistently print sub 1/2 MOA groups like clockwork and not even trying hard. I imagine they would do a little better if I let the barrel cool down between groups like you should. The DD barrel is uncharted waters for me but I have more reloads worked up than factory ammo so I am sure after a day at the range I will be able to answer that question more accurately. No pun intended. I am sure I have something it will like. The bore of that Daniel Defense Barrel is really pretty. It shines like new money in there. I've heard good things about them being pretty accurate but we will put that theory to the test. Personally I'll be happy with sub MOA groups. I didn't necessarily build the gun for accuracy as much as I did for a good long lasting Barrel with decent accuracy. I've got to go out and buy some shelf ammo To Zero the scope in that I'm going to use to test it. I don't want to run a bunch of my good reloads through there just to get it on paper. Too much time and work invested in there just to have them smacking into the dirt and backdrop. Like I said though I'll post results as soon as I get from back from the range. That's going to be maybe a week and a half like I said I'm still waiting on some small parts. I said once and I'll say it again I'm anxious to see what Daniel Defense has to offer.

Just test fired my 6.8 today. I went with the bison armory 18 inch stainless barrel, 1:10 twist. The group is a rushed group at 50 yards with some Remington range ammo.

Attachments

• 20220706_205845.jpg
    20220706_205845.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220707_133021.jpg
    20220707_133021.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom