• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Colt Cobra

:pound:Some folks on here want 3 k for Pythons
I've seen some of the more rare Pythons actually sell for over $5k and some higher than that. I have one that's been appraised for $3400-$3600 and I've even been offered $3500 for it but it's not for sale. My youngest son gets it after I take that big ol' dirt nap.

I've seen some of the more rare Pythons actually sell for over $5k and some higher than that. I have one that's been appraised for $3400-$3600 and I've even been offered $3500 for it but it's not for sale. My youngest son gets it after I take that big ol' dirt nap.
Yes I bought the Colt Boas that was listed here. I know my snake guns and what they are worth. No deals on here bunch of over priced sentimental pieces

Yes I bought the Colt Boas that was listed here. I know my snake guns and what they are worth. No deals on here bunch of over priced sentimental pieces
I hear ya on the sentimental pieces part, I can't justify in my own mind paying those prices on something that's going to be a safe queen. I lucked out and got mine in the late 80's or early 90's (memory sucks) unfired with the box & docs for $500. The most I've ever paid for any gun was $1740 in 1999 for my Wilson Combat 4" Protector but it's not a safe queen, I carried it for 19 years and it's been shot plenty. I'd still be carrying now but I just can't deal with the weight of it & extra mags on the L5/S1 disc I herniated in '94 anymore. I just recently went to the G43 and let me tell ya it's a lot easier on my lower back.

Can't say I'm wild about the new Cobra... I've tried two now and they just don't seem that impressive.

There's no way we'll ever see a real Python-class gun come out of Colt again. A few years back one of their execs stated that they couldn't make a new Python for less than $3-5K per gun, due to all the hand fitting required and the cost for new tooling

Using modern manufacturing he said they could probably get it down to the $1500 range, but then it would need extensive work by the purchaser to bring it up to the same quality level as the old guns, and no one would buy it because 'the new ones are junk'.

When Colt finally goes bankrupt for good and for real, some small shop may try and build a Python replica, and without the massive overhead they may be able to match the price of used originals, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Smith has tried to resurrect old models with their Classic line, and more recently CZ is trying to bring back the Dan Wesson lineup. In both cases they couldn't come close to the originals, and neither lineup seems to be doing well.

On all these cases, you are simply going to be better off buying the original, even if it's pricey, than trying to get a modern version of it...

To whom it may delight = Probably (most likely) old news to most. I just learned today that Colt is now producing revolvers again. A new Cobra .38 can be had for under $700 and they are talking King Cobra & Anaconda in the near future....talking?? Personally...I've been looking forward to Colt bringing back some roots. $619 at Dahlonega Gun
I have always wanted an anaconda.

Back
Top Bottom