• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New duty gun coming down the pike....probably.....

This isn't meant to "Beat You Up" over decision, but to focus on the decision that resulted in your agency's decision:
DoD has decided that SIG will be the sidearm of the future ... there's a contract in place to facilitate that decision.

Your agency (likely) afforded themselves of using that contract to make the acquisition ...If they didn't then, maybe someone should ask the procurement officers if they are prepared to go to Lompoc, California. The federal prison there is filled with former contracting officers who now make really good highway signs!

The original decision to acquire SIG firearms chambered in .357 SIG, should involve an investigation by the Justice Department Fraud and Abuse Unit ...

Our decision to go with the P320 has NOTHING to do with the US Army’s selection of a similar handgun. Trust me on this. I’m friends with folks on the inside of the firearms testing for our next handgun. We tested a bunch of guns, for various reasons the final 2 contestants were the FN and the P320. The guys that are conducting the testing genuinely liked the P320 X5, for its combination of features and its performance in accuracy and reliability in the testing. That’s the end of the story.

Our contract has absolutely nothing to do with the US Army’s acquisition of a totally different variation of the P320. Additionally, Federal LE agency’s can’t even piggyback on a military contract; it’s not even two end users that can be linked.

The US Army’s contract is for a totally different weapon, so even if they could be linked, we couldn’t piggyback because the weapons are not the same. In order to piggyback, we have to get the same weapon. For instance, we have our current P229 .357SIG because we piggybacked for the exact same weapon off the existing USSS contract.

I have no idea what you mean about your comment on the .357SIG caliber choice. I will state that we had some specific reasons for considering that caliber, and they made sense. Now we don’t have a choice because DHS has mandated that all agencies within DHS have to switch to 9mm.

This 320 model is not affected.
Yes it is. And they are even more deadly because they come with a factory bump backstrap. And and and and they just start killing at random without even touching them. There are computer chips in the slide that Pelosi and Hillary are able to hack into and take over, and cause bad things to happen so they can push for gun control to protect the children you know.

These sigs are bad news man. They come with Kevlar holsters that the dems don't know about so apdeix wearers don't get their nuts blown off when their gut hits the bump backstrap. These damn things have XRAY SIGHTS! WTF WHO NEEDS THAT!

Shows what you know......

We currently use the SIG P229. Our cost for a P229 is over twice what we’ll be buying for the P320. In the long run, that’s a huge savings.

We currently issue the .357SIG round. Going to 9mm will save a lot of taxpayer money. Additionally, guns chambered in 9mm tend to last longer and have less parts failure than guns chambered in .357SIG. So, not only will the guns cost quite a bit less, they will last longer and should require less maintenance.

The ammo should be cheaper too right ?

Congrats on the new gun. I'm a 357 sig fan though, so I'm disappointed in the change. Sure they made the right decision, I just wish the 357 caught on with more agencies and departments.

Any idea what bullet they will issue with the new guns?

The ammo should be cheaper too right ?

Congrats on the new gun. I'm a 357 sig fan though, so I'm disappointed in the change. Sure they made the right decision, I just wish the 357 caught on with more agencies and departments.

Any idea what bullet they will issue with the new guns?

I haven’t heard. Our current issue for 9mm off-duty guns is the Speer Gold Dot 124grn +P, but there’s no reason to think we’ll stick with that for our duty weapon.

Back
Top Bottom