• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New gasoline truck or used diesel?

LTE

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
16   0
Reaction score
In about 2-3 years, I'll be in the market for a new truck (saving money during that time).

I'm thinking about buying a Ford F150 with the ecoboost or possibly getting at that time a year or two old diesel F250.

The 250 would be more truck that I would ever normally need, but the cost of the truck used would be quite a saving. I know repairs on the diesel would be more, though fewer from what diesel owners have told me. But would it be more cost effective than the gasoline F150?

Love to hear your thoughts.

I have a 2005 diesel Ford Excursion and love it. I get about 20 mpg and with a 44 gallon tank I can go a long way. Also, the power the diesel engine provides in 4 wheel drive is awesome. For a large vehicle, diesal is the way to go.

I'd avoid the ecoboost until they e been on the market for a few years

Ford is not known for new technology being reliable

As in the 6.0 comment above

The ford 6.0 diesel engine was NOT tested before it went on sale
90% of them blew up right after the warranty expired

Plus you have to remove the cab to work on the motor

Plus a brand new truck depreciates terribly
If you do lay out the cash for a brand new one
Get one with a proven engine that's been available for years

I would suggest buying a truck that fits your specific needs, If you are going to tow a lot, get a proven diesel. If you want more comfort, lower maintenance costs, reliability, decent fuel mileage and good trade in value when you decent to trade it at a later date, get a Chevy or GMC gas burner.

Back
Top Bottom