New laws, anyone?

I'm not talking about a background check. Red flag laws are about being very proactive if there are indicators someone is or has gone off the rails. Most of the time a brief conversation can indicate there might be a problem once the authorities know about it. If there seems to be, that person should be taken into custody for further evaluation by mental health experts. It shouldn't even matter if they own guns or not.
Red flag laws are not the answer. There are laws in place that can place some one on a 72 hour mental health hold fro evaluation. If a person is a danger to themselves or others deal with the person. No judge is ever not going to grant a red flag application because he is not going to risk being the judge who rejected it then something happened.

Sorry, didnt think we would talk about the constitution. I only thought lawyers were qualified to discuss the consitution since us simple folk cant comprehend its awesomeness. :boink:

Anyway, say goodbye to "large capacity" magazines and probably a hault to the production of "weapons of war" whatever the fck that term means.

ERPO laws are not going to afford due process. We had this garbage rammed down our throats in Colorado.

We already had equivalent laws on the books here and they were poorly enforced. The law is poorly written (or is it?) and offers little recourse to the accused to get their guns back, even after being cleared. See, once adjudicated as a mental defective, you lose your fed rights to guns. The law, as written, puts the accused in a position of being unable to clear themselves AKA "Granted Relief" to rescind the fed level restriction and regain possession of their property. They built a "trap" into the law so you will likely never get your guns back.

https://pagetwo.completecolorado.com/2019/02/25/red-flag-bill-lays-federal-trap-for-gun-owners/

https://www.rallyforourrights.com/colorados-red-flag-erpo-worse-than-you-think/

https://kdvr.com/2019/04/12/gov-jared-polis-expected-to-sign-red-flag-gun-bill-on-friday/

Think about what you just said. If we had real and effective red flag laws that shooting would never have happened because the guy would have already been in custody.
You are not understanding what a red flag law does. It would not have put anyone in custody. Red flags laws confiscate your guns and you have to prove you are not a danger.

But on a serious note, gents, I didnt mean to causing fighting on here. I was interested in what you guys think the knee jerk reaction will be. I truly believe something will be taken away.

I haven't been watching the news coverage, but someone said 100 Round AK drums were used. If they go after 100 rounds drums, they would probably go after 60 and 40 rounds mags, and probably even 30 round mags. The more they try to ban, the harder it will be....so if I had to bet it would be drum mags, and or 30+ mags.

Just guessing of course. My 100 round drum mag fell in the ocean today, I was using it as an anchor for my boat, its super heavy, and it worked great until the line got tangled and I had to cut it free.

I haven't been watching the news coverage, but someone said 100 Round AK drums were used. If they go after 100 rounds drums, they would probably go after 60 and 40 rounds mags, and probably even 30 round mags. The more they try to ban, the harder it will be....so if I had to bet it would be drum mags, and or 30+ mags.

Just guessing of course. My 100 round drum mag fell in the ocean today, I was using it as an anchor for my boat, its super heavy, and it worked great until the line got tangled and I had to cut it free.
Damn I hate when that happens.

Maybe I missed this, but comment on news was that the Dayton shooter had modified his AR to perform "like a full-auto". Bump stock???? Binary trigger???? Maybe someone else has posted about this.

Back
Top Bottom