• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New laws, anyone?

Bear fortunately or unfortunately you and I aren't going to solve the problem.

And the sad news is neither are our legislators
I don't think you should preserve one right by trampling on another that sounds like that's what your plan is
Restricting people's rights has been going on since the beginning of our Nation. It's called law. Every... single... law... restricts a person's rights. The question is whether or not it's justified.

Removing someone from society that is a danger to others and giving them the help they need for a mental disorder is justified.

As for solving the problem, maybe our legislators would solve it is everyone got their heads out of their asses and tried for real solutions, rather than ideological platitudes.

Sooo, you think surveillance is the solution? But you don't want to expend resources. :wacko:

Also, you can tell when someone is losing a debate by their need to exaggerate the opposing view to try and invalidate it. "locking up every drunk that threatened to kill somebody on the internet" Really?
so where do you darw the line, just school shooting, mall shooting, your idea was to lock everyone up when they made a threat. and by exaggerate you mean when you said "But I get it, change nothing and let things keep deteriorating. Lose our Rights through inaction. Great plan!" And no survelillance is not a solution by itself. But I am not for locking everyone up over an angry post made on the internet either.

Restricting people's rights has been going on since the beginning of our Nation. It's called law. Every... single... law... restricts a person's rights. The question is whether or not it's justified.

Removing someone from society that is a danger to others and giving them the help they need for a mental disorder is justified.

As for solving the problem, maybe our legislators would solve it is everyone got their heads out of their asses and tried for real solutions, rather than ideological platitudes.
now you have went from probable danger to just danger that is a big difference.

I can agree that things need to change. Red Flag laws are not the answer. If the goal is to save lives, these laws have already proved deadly to innocent people. Which is better, innocent people killed by a random nutcase, or innocent people killed by law enforcement or Federal government agents. By looking through history, I would rather take my chances with a random nutcase. To quote a man MUCH SMARTER than I, Those that give up freedom for security deserve nether.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^AGREE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The numbers of innocent victims (people and dogs) of overzealous/cautious/chicken-shyt cops while seizing their lawfully owned property will make the few killed by lone, white supremacist, Trump donor, republican mass shooters will make the latter seem miniscule by comparison.

wrong you don't have the right to murder. the law not to murder does not restrict a right, you don't have the right to rape or steal either, so what you wrote isn't true.

so where do you darw the line, just school shooting, mall shooting, your idea was to lock everyone up when they made a threat. and by exaggerate you mean when you said "But I get it, change nothing and let things keep deteriorating. Lose our Rights through inaction. Great plan!" And no survelillance is not a solution by itself. But I am not for locking everyone up over an angry post made on the internet either.
Okay, I've posted my thoughts on a solution, but haven't seen anything from you other than "if they were properly investigated". What do you suggest? If you're not comfortable with the status quo, what should be changed?

Now who is going off the deep end? Laws against murder have been around long before the Constitution was written. I believe a book called the Bible has some things in it about murder and 9 other things we are not supposed to do. The Constitution and Bill of Rights are there to limit the Government, not the people. The red flag laws you are trumpeting would remove most if not all restrictions from the Government. If this is acceptable to you, might I suggest a move to Russia, China, Laos, or your choice of many Muslim countries.

Now who is going off the deep end? Laws against murder have been around long before the Constitution was written. I believe a book called the Bible has some things in it about murder and 9 other things we are not supposed to do. The Constitution and Bill of Rights are there to limit the Government, not the people. The red flag laws you are trumpeting would remove most if not all restrictions from the Government. If this is acceptable to you, might I suggest a move to Russia, China, Laos, or your choice of many Muslim countries.
I know it's a ridiculous argument. That's the point. So is the idea that taking a dangerously crazy person off the streets is unconstitutional. Get it?

Also, I'm not at all in favor of Red Flag laws, as I have clearly said in this thread. My comments are about a viable and realistic alternative to them.

I know it's a ridiculous argument. That's the point. So is the idea that taking a dangerously crazy person off the streets is unconstitutional. Get it?

Also, I'm not at all in favor of Red Flag laws, as I have clearly said in this thread. My comments are about a viable and realistic alternative to them.

You guys are all communists! Go hang out with cuomo on CNN. ;) :evil:

I still think they are coming after drum mags and pistol braces. Thats not as deep or philisophical as you guys, sorry. lol

Back
Top Bottom