• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Lee Progressive press coming out in April

Which press?

• Total voters
I guess for my purposes, priming isn't a problem on a progressive because I deprime/resize and prime separately.

My functions on this press would go as follows:
Drop in sized, primed case.
Flare and powder charge using Lee Auto Drum on top of the flaring die.
Next to the Hornady bullet feeding die
Bullet seating
Crimp and size with the lee factory crimp die.

Case check and done.

I'm assuming the bolt section near the primer arm is intended for the safety prime system but they only show individual feeding in the video
If you're going to resize/reprime separately, what's the point of having a progressive? Why not just buy a turret press?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

If you're going to resize/reprime separately, what's the point of having a progressive? Why not just buy a turret press?

If the chief complaint for issues on progressive presses is the priming, then I avoid that issue all together. I sit on the couch with my Lee hand press and resize and deprime while just chilling and watching TV. Same with priming

My BIL reloads precision 223 & 308, but his friend loads 45acp for him. He reckons this would be a great setup for plinking / fun 45 rounds as the setup cost is very reasonable, hope he buys one and lets me know.

I have a Lee Loadmaster, getting it set up was a challenge, the priming section is worthless, the shell handling is fair... but it's been a decent press for 9MM, .40S&W, and .223 loads. I have a separate powder drop for pistol and one for rifle so the set-up is fairly straight forward. If I were to look into a new press, I might consider the Auto Breech Lock for the price.

If the chief complaint for issues on progressive presses is the priming, then I avoid that issue all together. I sit on the couch with my Lee hand press and resize and deprime while just chilling and watching TV. Same with priming
That's why I went Dillon. Never a problem with priming in 25+ years. Before that, I did the hand-priming thing. So glad I don't have to do that anymore.

That's why I went Dillon. Never a problem with priming in 25+ years. Before that, I did the hand-priming thing. So glad I don't have to do that anymore.

I hate hand priming. I still do it but I have done that until I have blisters on my hands. That and holding the casing while I bevel and chamfer them. After about 100 my hands are done.

Back
Top Bottom