• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Location Prefix System Feedback & Suggestions!

Do you like the new trading post location system?

• Yes, it is definitely an improvement!

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • No, put it back how it was!

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the new system...but I agree with a previous poster that Paulding should be lumped into Metro ATL. I'd drive there for a deal in a heartbeat...but not so much for something as far NW as say Chatsworth - unless I was already headed there for another reason (like visiting my extended family up there).

I think you guys are reading a little too much into it. It isn't meant to be a strict thing, it is just a quick glance to see if something is near Atlanta or Savannah. If you are near a border of two of the regions, just put the one that you feel applies the best.

That's why I labeled it north and northeast. Its more of a quadrant that general city names. Of course you use what you think is best. The map was just my contribution.

I would like it to be mandatory for everyone to list the county they live in. Then post a county by county map of Georgia for reference. That way I can tell how many escapees live near me, and it would keep all the complaining down to a minimum!!!

The problem with this is enforcement. I can make it mandatory for people to put something in their profile, but I would still have to manually look at it to determine if what they put for their county was even a county, because all they really would have to do is enter letters in a box to fool the system.

With this new system it forces you to choose a general area. If I had every county in the system then you would have a drop down menu of 150 or so options.

That's why I labeled it north and northeast. Its more of a quadrant that general city names. Of course you use what you think is best. The map was just my contribution.

I'm just throwing out the problems I had while trying to come up with this and seeing if anyone has a better idea as to how to do it.

The one I did was meant as a "regions" kind of thing, I guess I messed up by putting city names to represent the regions.

Heck I think counties is even better. I mean everyone knows how to scroll right to the county they live in and if they are in alpha order it would be pie.

Heck I think counties is even better. I mean everyone knows how to scroll right to the county they live in and if they are in alpha order it would be pie.

I forgot to mention that I would have to enter all the counties in manually and then enter any color codes manually for each individual county.

I think you guys are reading a little too much into it. It isn't meant to be a strict thing, it is just a quick glance to see if something is near Atlanta or Savannah. If you are near a border of two of the regions, just put the one that you feel applies the best.

That's not what I intended...just offering what I hoped was constructive input.

As noted by others...thanks for your indulgence of our input and the effort you put into this site...it's truly appreciated.

Im kinda up in the air about it...im kinda in the middle of 2. I thinkSteve had to work that wasnt needed, even though he likes to tinker. If I dont know wherea location is, I simply do a search for the city and look at the google map. pretty simple. hate Steve having to do someting for me I can do myself in a minute! But thanks for your efforts Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom