• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Savage Stealth 10BA, move over again Ruger

It's a helluva hunting round. I can load it down to .30-06, or up to light .338WinMag, and anything in between.

Yeah I believe I saw him shooting it in one of his videos. The ballisticstudies.com website he has is unmatched in my opinion. Talk about someone who has dedicated their enitre life to providing knowledge on one single craft: The taking of game animals and the ballistics around it. It's quite impressive. I did buy his book on long range shooting and it contrasts pretty significantly with the things being taught today. I don't know if you have read it, but it would be interesting to hear your opinion on it. Regardless it is pretty hard to argue with his success on taking so many game animals between 800 and 1200 yards. He's a super nice guy to boot, never met him personally but he is pretty happy to exchange emails back and forth if you have questions.

Edit: He runs the 338-06 A-Square, not the AI

The .338-06 A-Square is just the standard .338-06; .30-06 necked up to .338 with no other changes.

Of course, the AI version has the 40 degree shoulder and the taper taken out of the case.

I'll have to look him and his studies up, sounds interesting. Thanks.

What is coming out in the fall that we might want to wait on?

The Ashbury Precision Versions though already listed at Gallery of guns should be actually available to the public by this fall.

https://www.galleryofguns.com/genie...=All&type=All&cal=All&fin=&sit=&zipcode=66025

I have been curious as to how much weight they were able to cut on this new 10 BA "Stealth" model.
I was able to make contact with a couple of guys who already have their hands on one of the stealth rifles and in the 24" 6.5 creedmoor configuration it's 9 pounds and 1oz. as it comes with no scope and empty mag.
Much lighter than the older 10 BAs that are 13+ pounds, and almost identical to the weight of the model 10 FCP K which is pretty much the standard model 10 Savage Law Enforcement rifle.

I look forward to seeing and handling one in person.

I handled them both tonight and the savage 6.5 was lighter and more comfortable than the RPR equivalent. Less expensive too.. very nice rifle IMO..They are both sweet

I handled them both tonight and the savage 6.5 was lighter and more comfortable than the RPR equivalent. Less expensive too.. very nice rifle IMO..They are both sweet

I personally really dislike the rail/chassis length of the BA stealth. I understand how they saved weight, but it was in the wrong areas IMHO. I still like the RPR much better.

That shorter chassis makes the rifle feel incomplete and bi-pod mount options are reserved for locations too close to the receiver for me. This is comparing the the 308/6.5 versions of both.

They are both looking sharp. Ive shot a ruger with nightforce glass in 6.5 that was stupid accurate.
I wouldnt trash talk that gun if you paid me.

Im a savage fan... but I think the ruger is still ny choice

Back
Top Bottom