• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New to GA and looking to get into hunting

Max&jack91

Default rank <400 posts Supporter
Survivalist
35   0
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I'm new to the area and would like to get into hunting in the area. I just moved to Duluth ga. I have hunted in Arizona for deer (1 time with rifle) and javelina (3time with rifle) and quail (10 times).

Was wondering if anyone new of any public land near Duluth. It seems like you have to know someone with land or pay and join a club. Also is it worth taking a hunting class that bass pro provides or does anyone know of something better.

Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Btw I'm a poor college kid that doesn't really have the funds for joining a hunting club. Maybe in a year or two I can join a club.

I hunted WMA’s when I moved to Ga and I still do over 20 years later.
Definitely walk in deep as most goofballs will park in a small car berm off the main forestry rd then walk in just past legal shooting distance from the rd then sit on a log and scare all the deer away.
Scout some areas, get in an hour before first light to beat the goofballs and get in there deep.
If you find a nice ridge with a walk in that is all up hill with good deer trails and sign then that’s where you want to be because your drag will be all down hill then you can whistle past the numb nuts as you drag your deer past them.

The only thing you can hunt anywhere near Duluth is subdivision deer. Some people do . Not my thing.
You can try the WMA thing but you are going to get very aggravated at some of the things that go on there. Being green, You may be the one doing the aggravating.
WEAR YOUR ORANGE ! And hope someone don't put a hole in it.
In the end, Joining a club is very worth it.

The only thing you can hunt anywhere near Duluth is subdivision deer. Some people do . Not my thing.
You can try the WMA thing but you are going to get very aggravated at some of the things that go on there. Being green, You may be the one doing the aggravating.
WEAR YOUR ORANGE ! And hope someone don't put a hole in it.
In the end, Joining a club is very worth it.
I was thinking about joining a club if it's not too much money. Just because it will probably be safer.

Back
Top Bottom