• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New to the stick and string

Your getting into it the same way I did, a used fully outfitted rig. I think its best to, for now, just shoot the heck out of it the way its set up.Everything that came on it is more than "good enough". As time goes by you'll get a feel for how you want to change things but for now practice is most important. Make sure your form is good and just go sling a LOT of arrows.

You could try just turning your nocks on the arrows a quarter turn first. If that doesn't work you can try turning out the cable rod a touch. You may need to re-tune after a cable rod adjustment though.

A good (like really good) bow tech is randy from nontypical archery in Woodstock. He can help with what you need.

I have his number somewhere when I find it I can pm it to you.

It's interesting how everything is going hi-tech. And they change designs every few years to make people want the latest and greatest. Good luck with the bow, and show us some pictures when you hit the field. I had a good recurve as a kid. I'm kinda thinking about looking for another. Maybe a good break-down.

Call russ at Stockbridge army navy I know its a long ways away but a phone call to him would be good, andstabilizers just help balance but to be honest it becomes an expensive hobby but very fun!!!

Its just a pain in the a$$. I just had all this done less than 3 weeks ago. What kind of tuning will be needed if I have the cable rod adjusted? Just a paper tune and re-sighted?
Cause I can hit groups nice as is, but I know its not suppose to hit, and id rather not have to have arrows fletched every month or 2.

A good (like really good) bow tech is randy from nontypical archery in Woodstock. He can help with what you need.

I have his number somewhere when I find it I can pm it to you.

Aren't his prices on the high side? I know you get what you pay for and have read his reviews, but if I'm only needing to adjust the rod, paper tune, and re sight i think someone local might be easier

Back
Top Bottom