• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Newbie needing some advice!

Not exactly. Trustees can be added and deleted as needed. Unless you want every listed trustee printed and photographed, change the trust for the new purchase. This is what the amendment is for. And, it was written up after consultation with the ATF, nothing hinky about it.

Proper legal answers about questions like this is why you have a real lawyer draw up your trust, not a DIY project with willmaker.

Without a trust, you and only you can use or posses the item, without you being there. Family member or hunting buddy want to go hunting with your can? No trust? No can do.

Not exactly. Trustees can be added and deleted as needed. Unless you want every listed trustee printed and photographed, change the trust for the new purchase. This is what the amendment is for. And, it was written up after consultation with the ATF, nothing hinky about it.

Proper legal answers about questions like this is why you have a real lawyer draw up your trust, not a DIY project with willmaker.

Without a trust, you and only you can use or posses the item, without you being there. Family member or hunting buddy want to go hunting with your can? No trust? No can do.
Those scenarios work out just fine for me.

Now, there are mini-trusts available. Every stamp done in it's own trust. Not sure of the advantage, but they exist because they are advantageous for some.

I still don’t see the big deal with trusts? Especially if you’re going to be sole-owner.

Just file individually and save yourself money, time, and hassle?
I think the big deal is that situations change and we can’t predict the future. One day the OP or anyone else reading might go from “I only shoot alone, nobody touch my toys” to having friends and family that they enjoy the sport of shooting and hunting together. Trusts give you the opportunity to add people and let them have possession- it’s a no brainer for $100.
Kids grow up fast and one day might want to go shooting or hunting on their own with the fun stuff.

Back
Top Bottom