• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NHRA Pro Stock.....

Yeah, NASCAR did this already. More reasons why I don't like it. The simplicity of the carbs is what made it somewhat appealing. The FI stuff just makes it too easy. Next will probably be modern traction control and the art of "driver/mechanic" skill will go to the wayside of laptops and boring races.

I understand its modern technology, but I still favor old school for pro stuff.
it makes it great for the Engine guy to track individual cylinder A/F ratios and map all conditions

Yeah, NASCAR did this already. More reasons why I don't like it. The simplicity of the carbs is what made it somewhat appealing. The FI stuff just makes it too easy. Next will probably be modern traction control and the art of "driver/mechanic" skill will go to the wayside of laptops and boring races.

I understand its modern technology, but I still favor old school for pro stuff.
Thats y I stick with 1/8th mile "outlaw" style drag racing. They have basic rules, this class max cubic inches, has to weigh 3200 lbs, nitrous cars get a weight break, etc. Not U WILL run 500 cubic inches, U WILL weight 2800 lbs. blah blah blah.

it makes it great for the Engine guy to track individual cylinder A/F ratios and map all conditions
Yeah, that takes alot of the skill out of it for me. I understand the performance/efficiency benefits, I just think it makes it way too easy. The art of carb tuning is dying more and more every day. I found it very interesting that cup cars got 800-1,000 HP from N/A carb setup and NHRA cars were 8,000+ HP on the old technology. FI, I almost expect that kind of performance. I mean, a Hellcat has 707hp and it can be easily daily driven.

Maybe I am just being difficult.

Yeah, that takes alot of the skill out of it for me. I understand the performance/efficiency benefits, I just think it makes it way too easy. The art of carb tuning is dying more and more every day. I found it very interesting that cup cars got 800-1,000 HP from N/A carb setup and NHRA cars were 8,000+ HP on the old technology. FI, I almost expect that kind of performance. I mean, a Hellcat has 707hp and it can be easily daily driven.

Maybe I am just being difficult.
what you get with the fuel setups is the best power is made at the leanest A/F ratio..which can result in detonation and melting of the piston tops and ring lands..so the tuner has to be specific for track and ambient conditions such as air temp elevation and grains of water in air and track temp

Back
Top Bottom