• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nitro Piston. School me on this!

OttoMan

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Do unto others what you want them to do to you!
421   0
Reaction score
I have a very nice Ruger pellet rifle 1200 fps, one shot and powered by spring. But I want to get a newer one, and I stumped into this new thing "Nitro Piston"; how this work, do we need to keep replacing it as the other gases?
20230531_170014.jpg

Attachments

• 20230531_170009.jpg
    20230531_170009.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 11
Sounds like they put nitrogen in the piston instead of air...which is 92% nitrogen. Anyways, I'm sure they are trying to convince you that 100% nitro will make it shoot better or some non sense

Instead of a coil metal spring, which can fatigue over time, and make more noise as they tend to
"clang"...

The nitro piston is smoother and more consistent because the pressure inside doesn't change with temperature.
I have a Benjamin Titan XL Nitro piston and its a good shooter.

Instead of a coil metal spring, which can fatigue over time, and make more noise as they tend to
"clang"...

The nitro piston is smoother and more consistent because the pressure inside doesn't change with temperature.
I have a Benjamin Titan XL Nitro piston and its a good shooter.
I will get one for sure. Sounds like a lot of fun!!!

They are. Very consistent, smoother operation and quieter, and they pack a punch. I have a .22 version at 800fps with the heavier lead pellets and that makes short work of unwanted rodents and tin cans alike...
The one at Bass Pro is a 1300 fps, it is a firearm for sure, maybe just as a .22 !! 😲😲😲😲

The one at Bass Pro is a 1300 fps, it is a firearm for sure, maybe just as a .22 !! 😲😲😲😲

Which one? Remember, a lot of those FPS ratings are with the super light alloy pellets. Faster speed, but don't tend to pack as much wallop, and I think the accuracy is less... I usually get the nicer Beeman or RWS brand pellets. German, and very consistent.

Back
Top Bottom