No Box No Papers No Deal!

RdKill

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
Am I the only one leery of trading for or purchasing relatively new guns with "no box"? I mean, sure...a WWII rifle or pistol without the box or any old gun, not an issue. But things like Gen 4 Glocks? Come on! Where's the freaking box? I don't care how cheap, I have NO interest in any newish pistol with no box. I prefer a box with a rifle too but fully understand people tossing cardboard rifle boxes. My concern for non-original boxed pistols of recent vintage is the likelyhood that someone smashed a car window and stole it leaving the original owner with an empty box at home. I am not accusing anyone here of smashing car windows and stealing guns. But perhaps they bought it or traded for it unknowingly? Either way...a plastic box that I will never again use and in all honesty is just something else to store away is a deal make/break issue for me. I can't for the life of me believe anyone would throw away their Glock box or even a Ruger box. Anyone else?

I know a lot of people who tossed their boxes. Some people just don't want the extra clutter. Most of them stashed the papers away and tossed the boxes but some didn't. I personally keep all of mine but it is only because I use them sometimes if I am only taking a particular gun out to shoot or something.

I bought my first glock from wild west traders (before I heard of the ODT) and it came with a box, but not a glock box. Would that freak you out? If not, then you being freaked out by no box at all is kind of pointless because someone could easily buy a box for around $10 at most gun shops or online.

Freak me out? no...I don't freak out. I just keep looking. The box should have a sticker with the serial number, make and model of whatever goes inside. I'm pretty sure I didn't lead you to believe I would accept a cheerios or Nike box :)

Back
Top Bottom