No Box No Papers No Deal!

Well just because of the timing... My closet had too many boxes in it at the moment and they are about to get tossed. I need the space for other usless things that I should probably throw out.

I've got a whole foot locker full of gun boxes. The only time I ever use them is when going out for a trade. A lot of people don't like the clutter so they might toss, repurpose, or sell them. A gun without a box certainly isn't a dealbreaker for me though. You might be disappointed to know that in the last year or so, Ruger stopped using plastic boxes and everything ships in boring white cardboard boxes now.. Boxes that people are even less likely to hold onto.

More for you? "shrug" ...doesn't seem to be a shortage of them either way. You keep buying or trading for what clicks your clicker and I'll do the same. I've managed to accumulate a pretty freaking impressive collection here despite my persnickety ways.

More for you? "shrug" ...doesn't seem to be a shortage of them either way. You keep buying or trading for what clicks your clicker and I'll do the same. I've managed to accumulate a pretty freaking impressive collection here despite my persnickety ways.

No doubt... to each their own. I actually got my first SKS from Sports Authority and it came in a crappy Chinese box... wish I had kept it now!

I keep my boxes, If it had one to begin with. I'm always perusing gun and pawn shops for great deals and most often the great deals don't include the box.

Here's some food for thought for those who don't keep their boxes. I had a handgun box I picked up from inside a house that was getting demolished. I just thought it was cool. It was vintage form the early 70's and had the paperwork in it. After seeing lots of reproductions available on Ebay, I put just the box up for sale. I sold the box to someone who was glad to get it in 17 minutes for roughly 40% of what the gun sold for new :) The repros on ebay were bringing significantly more than what I sold it for.

I actually store my Glocks, Brownings, S&W and Rugers in the boxes. It saves on a lot of idiot scratches when putting them in the safe. I like to transport my pistols in their original box, it keeps the spare mags and other accessories together for each gun. I don't care about cardboard boxes, but if a gun came with a molded plastic case, it would be nice to get that with the gun. It isn't a deal breaker for me, I will still buy a gun if the deal is good and the gun isn't beat to crap.

Back
Top Bottom