No Box No Papers No Deal!

I buy guns to shoot so I don't give a crap about box, papers, etc. I do keep my boxes for the most part... I just sold my 590a1 and didn't the box because I tossed it years ago. So, know who you are dealing with and stop being so paranoid... just a thought :)

having the box doesn't mean it's not stolen...

Very good point. But I would venture a guess that most stolen guns don't involve a box. I would also venture a guess that MOST people with a "Like new" newish, late model gun should be able to produce the original box and paperwork if they bought it legitimately.

I didn't start keeping my Glock boxes until they changed to the new boxes... I have always loved Glocks but hated the old tupperware style box. And even now have more guns than boxes...

There are weapons, mainly rifles that LGS' sell from crates. I purchased two 1969 SKS' several years ago like this. They still had the cosmoline on them. No boxes.

I didn't think a box mattered that much until I went looking for the one that went to my Colt 70 Series Gold Cup..... it cost me $200-300 by not having it.... I don't think it matters that much on a Glock.... maybe $25.......

Very good point. But I would venture a guess that most stolen guns don't involve a box. I would also venture a guess that MOST people with a "Like new" newish, late model gun should be able to produce the original box and paperwork if they bought it legitimately.

Oh yeah, I agree completely, none of you guys should buy guns without boxes.... more for me :P

I do like to get the box and papers with a gun but it would not be a deal breaker for me. I got in the habit 40 years ago to keep all the papers and boxes when I buy a new gun. I was told once that it could make the gun a little more valuable than without the stuff, so I keep them. You should see my attic, dozens of gun boxes

Ghost...I'm not an idiot. I don't expect a box with an SKS lol. I would be shocked to find any old military rifle or pistol with box.

Back
Top Bottom