No Box No Papers No Deal!

BHJ, that was me. And it wasn't just any old box, it was a box that I needed. When I sold the gun later, having the box on that old 70's gun paid for itself twice over. It was not even the original box, but it was the correct era and color box. Some collectors pay big money for boxes for their collection. If you do not believe old boxes sell, take a look at e-bay. Geez, now I remember the gun. Wish I had not sold it now!

Knew it was you :) I knew someone could use it, just didn't want to out you from nowhere without consent. One look around ebay and most of these guys would never throw away gun boxes again. I do know even newer ones sell much better with the box and papers and the right box can make an older gun worth a long sight more than one without.

Little late to the thread, but if it's a pistol I'd like to have all the original items. If a rifle or shotty, not that big of a deal. Most of them are packaged in cardboard and come with a who gives a .....5 page manual.

For me it's about resale. I trade all the time and it devalues the trade IMO if you don't have what came with the weapon. That said, if I really want the item, I won't let that stop me.

Wow....I seemed to have stirred the pot a bit with this topic. I may be a rarity on this and for the umpteenth time, Rifles, Shotguns, Police and Military surplus, any OLD weapon...I would be shocked to see come with a box and certainly wouldn't expect them to. Even guns made in the 70s or so, I can overlook a missing box. It's these LN guns with 30 round count bought 3 weeks ago and don't like it blah blah blah guns without boxes that I tend to skip on past.

End thought...I may be a persnickety minority on this issue but I am not alone. I bet my CBob that no one here has ever lost a sale because they included the box with their gun.

Wow....I seemed to have stirred the pot a bit with this topic. I may be a rarity on this and for the umpteenth time, Rifles, Shotguns, Police and Military surplus, any OLD weapon...I would be shocked to see come with a box and certainly wouldn't expect them to. Even guns made in the 70s or so, I can overlook a missing box. It's these LN guns with 30 round count bought 3 weeks ago and don't like it blah blah blah guns without boxes that I tend to skip on past.

End thought...I may be a persnickety minority on this issue but I am not alone. I bet my CBob that no one here has ever lost a sale because they included the box with their gun.
Oh my bad. All I see you mention is WW II guns. Didnt see late model surplus in there.

I will PM my address for the CBOB......Guy got so mad because I tried to make him take the box and 2 spare mags.....he was pissed.....lol

Just curious, how do you get it checked? And what would happen if one did come back stolen?

Call your local PD and give them the serial number.

I work with a few Leos, so I give them a serial, and they run it.

They will have to confiscate it if it does return stolen though, and ask you questions about where you got it from. I dont keep record of who or where I get it from, but have never gotten a stolen gun either.

Back
Top Bottom