No Box No Papers No Deal!

I won't buy a used gun with box and docs.....probably means it was stolen legally and I don't want no part of that.

Before I add it into my inventory, I write down the serial and have it check to make sure it's not stolen. So far so good.

If one day I do run into a stolen one and got it confiscated, ohh well. I saved tons of money on Geico insurance.

Before I add it into my inventory, I write down the serial and have it check to make sure it's not stolen. So far so good.

If one day I do run into a stolen one and got it confiscated, ohh well. I saved tons of money on Geico insurance.

Just curious, how do you get it checked? And what would happen if one did come back stolen?

IMO---I bet a thief would prefer to steal a pistol in a box. If you buy a pistol from a pawn shop, alot of times they don't come with a box. If you are worried that it may be stolen, a Bill of Sale will usually protect you and will usually will ease your mind unless you are completely paranoid. Without a box is not a deal breaker for me. I won't deal with just anybody though.

IMO---I bet a thief would prefer to steal a pistol in a box. If you buy a pistol from a pawn shop, alot of times they don't come with a box. If you are worried that it may be stolen, a Bill of Sale will usually protect you and will usually will ease your mind unless you are completely paranoid. Without a box is not a deal breaker for me. I won't deal with just anybody though.
unless you carry the bill of sale everywhere you go then its useless. Your still going to jail for having a stolen handgun. Even if you have that bill of sale which is nothing but a piece of paper to a cop... you will still go to jail. If you buy a gun used your best course of action is to call the police and have the number ran. Better to find out the easy way than the hard way.

unless you carry the bill of sale everywhere you go then its useless. Your still going to jail for having a stolen handgun. Even if you have that bill of sale which is nothing but a piece of paper to a cop... you will still go to jail. If you buy a gun used your best course of action is to call the police and have the number ran. Better to find out the easy way than the hard way.

LOL, I was trying to ease his mind, LOl

Back
Top Bottom