• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No contact in 24 hours from buyer - ok to move on?

Again. Explain to me what the neutral is for then?

If Negative Feedback is warranted for when time and place is set and someone welches, does not show up, or breaks that commitment, why would a Neutral be warranted at any point.

Positive is for when both parties show up to agreed time and place.

Again, what is a Neutral for?

Also, you don't set a time and place when you're buying something from someone when they ship. Does that mean they can't get a negative if they take your money and don't deliver?
You can leave a neutral, I'm saying a strict interpretation of the rules leads me to believe it could be easily contested.

Shipping? Probably would stick since a deal was struck with terms but the rules don't specify that if memory serves.

Like I said, you can leave the neutral, but the "buyer" could contest it since there is no provision in the rules for leaving negative or neutral feedback for backing out of a commitment. If that were the case we couldn't run auctions.

It’s tough sometimes. I go through a lot of guns and it’s annoying when things like that happen. “I’ll take it! Meet you Saturday!” But it’s Sunday....it’s not a I need the money thing it’s more like, how about you hit me up on Friday and make a deal for the next day then if that’s the case. I seem to get a lot of “I’ll take it but I’m out of town”. When I list something I generally price it to sell within a couple days. If I’ve made up my mind to move on from something it’s generally because I have something else I just purchased or going to purchase. Some folks get mad during the “haggling” process that I’ve sold it while they were still wanting to save $15. Hey man would you take $485 for your $500 gun? “Maybe”, an hour passes and they’re like “Can you bring it to my front door step?” It’s gone bro. Attempted to get a trade done the other week, both parties were happy with the gun packages, other party was having car issues(Only one car currently working), told the fella I’d come to him, well over an hour drive, but I would need to get it done early in the morning, 7-8ish’AM on a weekend. Dude said it was too early in the morning and then asked me if I could drive a little further lol. Clearly the guy wasn’t motivated to make a deal.

Again. Explain to me what the neutral is for then?

If Negative Feedback is warranted for when time and place is set and someone welches, does not show up, or breaks that commitment, why would a Neutral be warranted at any point.

Positive is for when both parties show up to agreed time and place.

Again, what is a Neutral for?

Also, you don't set a time and place when you're buying something from someone when they ship. Does that mean they can't get a negative if they take your money and don't deliver? You bet I'm leaving Negative feedback in that case.
Yeah I’m not really sure what a neutral is used for. Maybe the deal was done but it was sketchy....? I’ve had guys newer and OG guys meet me and ask if I’d take less than the agreed upon price and I clearly would tell them F No but they would still pay the agreed upon price. I suppose maybe those deals could get a neutral....? I usually wouldn’t leave them feedback at all.

Yeah I’m not really sure what a neutral is used for. Maybe the deal was done but it was sketchy....? I’ve had guys newer and OG guys meet me and ask if I’d take less than the agreed upon price and I clearly would tell them F No but they would still pay the agreed upon price. I suppose maybe those deals could get a neutral....? I usually wouldn’t leave them feedback at all.
I have had that happen but wouldn't leave a neutral. Or a neg. Folks have to try, I understand that. But like you, I often don't care one way or the other if something I have sells. I'd like the buyer to be happy with their purchase though.

Putting the gun away when the lower offer comes at you usually clinches the deal.

I have had that happen but wouldn't leave a neutral. Or a neg. Folks have to try, I understand that. But like you, I often don't care one way or the other if something I have sells. I'd like the buyer to be happy with their purchase though.

Putting the gun away when the lower offer comes at you usually clinches the deal.
Folks can try to get it at a lower price absolutely but not at the gun meet lol. Haggle all you want but once it’s agreed upon don’t try to hit me $20 cheaper at the meet up!

Folks can try to get it at a lower price absolutely but not at the gun meet lol. Haggle all you want but once it’s agreed upon don’t try to hit me $20 cheaper at the meet up!
I actually had that happen to me last week.

New guy reaches out, says he's very interested in my Sig. I said ok. He said he wanted to get it today, would drive to me 50min and we agree on time and place (near me). No problem. He texts me 15min away prior to arriving he got $450 on him. I was like...the price is $550 buddy. Said so in the ad. He proceeds to tell me he can get it new for $579.

I just told him Good luck finding one, and cancelled the deal.

New guy reaches out, says he's very interested in my Sig. I said ok. He said he wanted to get it today, would drive to me 50min away and we agree on time and place (near me). No problem. He texts me 15min away prior to arriving he got $450 on him. I was like...the price is $550. Said so in the ad. He proceeds to tell me he can get it new for $579.

That's some straight up bullshyte, Facebook tactics.

New guy reaches out, says he's very interested in my Sig. I said ok. He said he wanted to get it today, would drive to me 50min and we agree on time and place (near me). No problem. He texts me 15min away prior to arriving he got $450 on him. I was like...the price is $550 buddy. Said so in the ad. He proceeds to tell me he can get it new for $579.

Lame

Seems like a lot of “trigger happy” folks here. Per ODT rules negs are for someone who doesn’t show up after place and time of meet are set up in writing via pm.
They are under no obligation to buy, just to show up.
Granted, asking for lower price on a gun like a GLOCK at meet is kinda slimy but hey, he can ask. I’m free to say yes or no. But that is not a violation of site rules, just kinda distasteful. I might not do a future deal with this person but no “neg” is allowed.
However, for more expensive items where condition can factor into value...then price negotiation can be very appropriate. For example, someone commits to price for a LNIB Colt Python and shows up. Seller produces a gun that has condition issues not shown in picture. Or maybe produces a box that is not serial numbered to the gun.
If I’m the buyer then I am either walking away with a “no thanks” or I’m asking for a price reduction.
If seller gets his panties in a wad over that and tries to “neg” or “neutral” me over that...well, good luck, it ain’t gonna stick. If anything, seller needs a neg for failing to disclose condition issues.
But really, I think negs should be reserved for the “no shows”. Allowing people to throw “negs” around just because they get their feelings hurt makes the feedback system into a popularity contest.
Imho.

Back
Top Bottom