• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Norma .22 Subsonic any good?

Lazarus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of overpaying for ammo of any sort but I'm in need of some subsonic ammo and the other one I've been able to find recently is Norma .22 ammo at $0.11 PPR before shipping. Its rated at 1100 (subsonic) but isn't the speed of sound 1100fps? So its barely subsonic which I'm not sure if it'll break the barrier out of a rifle. Is this good ammo or should I continue to look out for CCI?

Don't know about Norma, but I agree that is hardly subsonic. CCI ss is good and CCI Quiet is the quietest I have found. I believe it is only about 750fps. Don't expect it to operate a semi action though.

Don't know about Norma, but I agree that is hardly subsonic. CCI ss is good and CCI Quiet is the quietest I have found. I believe it is only about 750fps. Don't expect it to operate a semi action though.

Is CCI Quiet supposed to be CCI's subsonic ammo? Even though the standard velocity is subsonic?

Is CCI Quiet supposed to be CCI's subsonic ammo? Even though the standard velocity is subsonic?

I checked. CCI Quiet is actually 710. CCI standard, just listed as .22lr is 1200. I was thinking there was one in between just called CCI subsonic at about 1000, but I can't find it. Remington ss is 1050. It's not great. A little quieter than standard. None of them will operate a semi action, pistol or rifle. Hope this helps.

CCI has 2 types that are right around 1000fps, CCI subsonic and CCI standard velocity.

CCI has some ultra slow rounds that wont cycle and they are the CB's and the Quiets.

Speed of sound hovers around 1170 at our altitude I believe.

CCI has 2 types that are right around 1000fps, CCI subsonic and CCI standard velocity.

CCI has some ultra slow rounds that wont cycle and they are the CB's and the Quiets.

Speed of sound hovers around 1170 at our altitude I believe.

Ok. Thanks Lax. It seems like CCI SV is a mythical creature that hasn't been seen in some while. Trying to stock up on some decent ammo for suppressor but I dont think this Norma is the ticket.

SV used to be the best kept secret, super accurate and subsonic. You need some subs?

Yea buddy. I'm going to be ordering my supp soon so I have a couple months I guess to get some. I have a lot of high velocity bulk ammo some mini mags too but no standard velocity.

I run CCI Subsonic in my 10/22 and have shot it in my 22/45 also. Both cycle fine. Bulk pack is fine for a suppressed pistol, but you are right that you will want subs for a rifle.

CCI green tag is also subsonic, but it is another expensive match ammo.

Back
Top Bottom