• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NYC trouble - threads merged on 12.4

What would you recommend

• Fight it all the way. Fight everything, including the illegal search

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Make a deal. Know when to fold and know when to walk away

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • Fire the attorneys and "HANDLE" it like a man. DIY.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Make sure you wear white "T"s and boxer shorts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TACOS

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
This is another example of the insanity in this country. You can have a perfect legal weapon in one state cross a line and it is illegal and a FELONY! Something is way wrong with that. National reciprocracity is so needed! You should be able to travel safe and armed as you do where you live.

LOL if you think NY is ever, ever going to allow the benighted Southern hillbillies from Georgia to tote guns in their city. They don't even allow the illuminated elite to carry, only their servants and revenue agents.

So i got a buddy of mine, pulled a dumba$$ move. He drove to NYC (Manhattan) from GA to see some old friends and he isnt from NY. He drove into town with a revolver. He gets pulled over for broken headlights and they asked to search his car. As ignorant as he is, he figured he had nothing to hide. They find his empty revolver, locked up in a secured case. Bullets were in the trunk.

He gets tossed in jail and charged with a felony possession. Apparently, Manhattan has special laws about having a revolver. He sits in Jail for a week and they let him off with a scheduled court date in mid June.

I did some reading and it seems like he can be up the creek. He has a public defender that hasnt returned his calls and he is broke as hell and certainly cant hire anyone decent.

I told him to call NRA to get some sort of read on what's gonna happen on his court date.

Can y'all weigh in and give me some advice?

So i got a buddy of mine, pulled a dumba$$ move. He drove to NYC (Manhattan) from GA to see some old friends and he isnt from NY. He drove into town with a revolver. He gets pulled over for broken headlights and they asked to search his car. As ignorant as he is, he figured he had nothing to hide. They find his empty revolver, locked up in a secured case. Bullets were in the trunk.

He gets tossed in jail and charged with a felony possession. Apparently, Manhattan has special laws about having a revolver. He sits in Jail for a week and they let him off with a scheduled court date in mid June.

I did some reading and it seems like he can be up the creek. He has a public defender that hasnt returned his calls and he is broke as hell and certainly cant hire anyone decent.

I told him to call NRA to get some sort of read on what's gonna happen on his court date.

Can y'all weigh in and give me some advice?

Tell the judge that he thought their was a buy back sale going on & thought too dangerous to have in the house anymore.

Or get stopped

"Transporting Firearms Through New York

The best way to travel through NY or any state that has restriction is to carry a copy of Title 18-Part 1-Chapter 44 926A of the federal code with you. Some law enforcement may not know the law. DO keep the firearm in a locked box. Keep ammo in another locked box. No ammo in Magazines or speed loaders in the trunk or if no trunk as far back in the vehicle as possible in a locked box. By NY Law if you are traveling across the state and can legally possess the firearm where you started and where you are going you can transport it as above. But if you stop in NY and spend the night in a motel/hotel/camp ground etc you are in violation of NY law and can be arrested if found with a firearm. Stopping for gas and food would most likely be OK but this is not a given in NY."

You can get stopped, but in the OP's friend's case he was staying in NYC with the gun.

This needs to be stickied so the next time some dumb ass says that they are going bring their gun to NY they'll have something to read....

Poor bastard is ****ed on some many levels....

Rikers is not a nice place....it aint county with folks who dont pay child support and local stoners...
That place is no joke hell on earth. The soap jokes aren't even funny when it comes to that place.

Driving through NY in a truck like this and you are going to be stopped by Barney.

fullredneck.wpengine.com_wp_content_uploads_2015_06_deer_pick_up_truck.jpg

How many ****ing times do people need to be told to have their **** tight when they travel into occupied territory? Have your tags - current, your tail lights and turn signals working, have your registration and proof of insurance ready to hand over, leave your dope/baggies/roaches/scales or any other type paraphernalia at your cook location or stash house, don't have a bunch of jackass stickers all over your car/truck windows and for God's sake never give consent for a cop to search your damned vehicle.
I agree. He's just a young kid 26 and bout to learn the hard way.

He was bot bonded out. He was released to his own recognizance with a court date mid June. He told me the cos said...eh...the case will probably get tossed out.

It's really a douche move for the cop to mess with him like that. I had to read him the riot act to get him to realize the xxxt storm thats bout to hit.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom